Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject:  Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption
Subject description: You don't have to like Star Wars to mod this game.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure how many have played the game or not but it's a fully modifiable game engine that incorporates Space and land RTS. Made by Petroglyph, which most probably know is made up of some of Westwoods old game designers.

If you're not into Star Wars, that's fine, I, myself have gotten burned out on that Universe, but the game engine isn't too bad and has a pretty high poly limit depending on the individual's pc. My space models run about 3000 to 6000 polies with some of the other mods using models up into the 5 digit area.

While I've currently taken a break, I'm working on a Starship Troopers mod for it that so far is mainly skirmish play in space with some basic work on some ground models. There is also a Battlestar Galactica mod, a Wing Commander mod, and a Halo mod in development to name a few of the unrelated mods to Star Wars.

Modding it is easy, very similar to Generals except instead of ini files, they use xml. Not, however, like C&C3. The xmls are not encrypted and open with notepad allowing easy editing in code laid out very much like Generals. Models can be made with any 3d program but rigging and exporting requires 3dsMax 6, 8, or 9. There are many mod tools for use that allow viewing of the models and editing of the particle effects. It supports shaders, lighting, and animations, etc. A modders wet dream really.

Anyway, it'd be nice to get a few C&C modders into the loop, as the majority of EaW modders are obsessed with Star wars.

Here's a few pics of some of the units I've built/designed.

For those who are interested in looking at some more of my personal SST mod work, check out my Sig Banner.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the original, not the expantion.
It's a fun game, I was only disappointed I couldn't build my base myself.

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The expansion does allow a few enhancements that make it better than the 1st and I agree the pre-placed build pads and already built buildings was the one bad decision they made in development I think.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game is actually very awesome, space battles are the best. I really like your the units you have designed.

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

undermannen wrote:
The game is actually very awesome, space battles are the best. I really like your the units you have designed.

Thanks. The bug ships are from my own imagination, which is harder than I anticipated. The Station and 3 of the Fed ships are stylized versions of the Ticonderoga Station and the Rodger Young from the SST 1 movie, the York from the SST3 movie, and the Valley Forge from the CGI Roughneck TV series. The big ship is a custom design.

Here's an ingame shot.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

interesting, have you seen Roughnecks? The Starship troopers animated series? It has a lot of bug concepts may incorporate?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eawfoc was a fun game to mod, i made and rigged a few models over the years but lost interest.

+1 for being the game that taught me 3d modeling

-1 for no base building, but i preferred space battle anyways.

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
interesting, have you seen Roughnecks? The Starship troopers animated series? It has a lot of bug concepts may incorporate?

Definitely, I have all the campaigns. Wink The Arachnids have plenty of units to make. The TV show only had one actual space bug and it was a transport, which I have a WIP of it somewhere. I just didn't find it very menacing so I designed all original space units. The bug flier above is a space bomber. The ground units, however, will be builds of units in the movies and show.

Here is a WIP of the Ape Marauder, which the basic build was actually done by a fellow modeler, which I'm in the process of rebuilding with more detail and accuracy.

And the Retrieval ship from the show, which is also a WIP. This is a low poly version of a high poly model another fellow modeler did and let me use his as a guide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum