Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bridge Ends
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject:  Bridge Ends Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote:
For any of you mappers out there.

Image attached, shows a bridge which is entirely intact right next to another bridge with no differences which appears not to be intact.
This error is starting to bug me, and I've tried to fix it in all the ways I know how - but as I have proven again and again, I don't know a whole lot of things #Tongue

Any explanations/fixes?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This reminds me awful lot of a certain...

...Bridge Issue.

The only difference I see with those bridges is that you put the Repair Hubs on different sides of the bridge ends than on the intact bridge.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did know what this caused by, but not too sure of it now.

Check tiles with the originals, make sure they are named correctly and there is the same amount being replaced.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
This reminds me awful lot of a certain...

...Bridge Issue.

The only difference I see with those bridges is that you put the Repair Hubs on different sides of the bridge ends than on the intact bridge.

Well, the bridge is destroyed and repaired just fine, aside from the fact that the ends look weird. This doesn't have the same gameplay altering problems as the bug described there, and seems to just be a visual bug.
Switching the side on which the Repair Hut is doesn't have any effect either, and switching the location of the bridge as a whole doesn't change a thing.

CCHyper wrote:

I did know what this caused by, but not too sure of it now.

Check tiles with the originals, make sure they are named correctly and there is the same amount being replaced.

yeah, I have now checked the tiles, and I don't see/read any difference between these and the originals.
By any chance is anyone sure whether this same error occurs in vanilla TS, or in other mods for that matter?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

By any chance is anyone sure whether this same error occurs in vanilla TS, or in other mods for that matter?

well...not typically on normal bridges unless i'm messing with copy/pasted 2tile short bridges which just use the cliff bridge parts....

however, it happens to me with the bridges for trains fairly often. It always gives out a damaged look but alters constantly as you try to place it in Finalsun and if while placing i'm careful i can get it to be normal and undamaged. But sometimes it can be a real bitch to ztype with it for a long time to get it to be normal.

and when i'm doing a short 2tile wide c/p bridge some times it'll give that same problem except it will always be damaged on certain tiles so i have to place it in a spot that makes it so it's not damaged looking.

As for what actually causes it..i'm not sure. The only bridge problem i know of the finalsun cause to if a bridge isn't repairing fully then it's probably because it's too long with no supports in it. (iirc the too long length is like 15 cells long with no support or longer.)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I just recalled this. It's weird how you can't place damaged bridges manually, but if you cut&paste a bridge it appears all ztyped up and pieces of it are broken (and depending on where you paste it, it alters the image).

Quote:
however, it happens to me with the bridges for trains fairly often. It always gives out a damaged look but alters constantly as you try to place it in Finalsun and if while placing i'm careful i can get it to be normal and undamaged. But sometimes it can be a real bitch to ztype with it for a long time to get it to be normal.

Yup, this is one annoying problem. I believe it's just FinalSun-related.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalSun is such a brilliant program.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Second to Yame #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon