Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to enable skirmish AI for singleplayer campaign mission?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Feda
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject:  How to enable skirmish AI for singleplayer campaign mission? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

I want to create a 2v2 or 3v3 mission with AI because as u know u can't ally, in a normal skirmish match, with more than 1 AI. I tried to use the skirmish event in the triggers, the autocreation, production begins... etc. but i couldn't get the AI to actually build anything. If someone knows how to enable skirmish AI for campaign missions, please tell me how to do it. Thanks alot!

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry I wish I could help but I'm a beginner when it comes to mapping.

So you're saying your map will be a skirmish game but as a capaign mission, so that you can ally with the AI?

Feda
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. Since this is the only way we could ally more than 1 AI and put the rest of AIs in a team. So it is a campaign mission (*.map file) that should simulate a skirmish match.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Feda
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I know the method, that's why I said I can't ally more than 1 AI , the rest being unallied. I did that in a different way, easier for me. I created ONLY the trigger:

Owner: GDI , Event: Any, Action: Make ally... Nod
And vice-versa for Nod.

It worked pretty much everytime. But that will ally you only with 1 AI and the rest will still remain in FFA. That's why I need to know how to enable skirmish AI. I saw there is a trigger for it, but doesn't seem to work.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is for skirmish. And read till the very end.

Feda
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so it is written out there, "can ally only 1 AI".. and no, i didn't add new sides to the game, so that wont help. Smile if i don't get the idea, please tell me Very Happy but i don't see how would that help me to make 3v3 or 4v4 , it could be useful only for 2v2

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Made few fixes to the code, especially to the infantry. Also this

1. Can only ever ally with 1 AI player IS ONLY HALF TRUE. You can only ally with 1 AI player of a faction type. So IF you had 3 factions in your mod (e.g. GDI, Nod, Forgotten), a GDI human player could ally with 1 Nod AI and 1 Forgotten AI. I have no idea if those 2 AI players would then be allied too.
Read the lines thoroughly. Understand it. It's not that hard. I'm trying my best not to be angry with you. And yes, using this way you can only ally with 1 AI. If you want more AI to ally with, you'll just have to make new sides. This is as far as I could help you cause I suck at mapping with triggers and stuff.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Feda wrote:
Owner: GDI , Event: Any, Action: Make ally... Nod
And vice-versa for Nod.

Not sure if you're now using it on a skirmish or a singleplayer map, but on a skirmish map this would result in random crashes. Because a trigger that is supposed to be used on a side that isn't present, will crash the game. In this case for example if all players are GDI, the Nod trigger will crash the game (and vice versa if all are Nod).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Feda
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see you guys don't understand what I am asking Very Happy I know, i want to make a SINGLEPLAYER mission (*.map) in which to ally human with 2 AI vs 3 allied AI (to simulate a skirmish 3v3). Thats why I need to know how to enable SKIRMISH AI for this mission. To make the AI act as in skirmish, cuz otherwise it'll sit duck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon