Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My Maps Bridges Wont
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject:  My Maps Bridges Wont Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lately i've making a map with 8 very long bridges for TS. The problem is when a peice of the bridge gets destoryed, and i send a engineer into the bridge repair hut beside it, it'll repair the bridge cliff peice which the hut is next to, but not the actual bridge itself.

I've heard that there is a limit for the length a bridge can be before you must add some cliff or a bridge support, somthing like 12 cells, so i added a bridge support every 6 cells, but the bridge still won't repair when i send a engineer into the hut next to it.

I've never had a problem like this before in TS or RA2. And i'm sure it'll probebly have somthing to do with the bridges long length.

thx to anyone who can help me with this problem

Untitled.png
 Description:
my massive bridge 52 cells long with bridge supports every 6 cells
 Filesize:  409.03 KB
 Viewed:  2308 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Mrghost33
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just tried it with a 16 cell long bridge and it worked fine even with out a bridge support. I Think your right and that it may be to long.

EDIT:
Again I tried it and made sure i had 6 spaces in between the bridge supports. Make sure they are spaced correctly

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The bridge supports don't increase the max. length of the bridge. The max. length is something like 27 cells IIRC (I am sure it was over 20 and under 30), including bridge supports. The only way you can imitate longer bridges is to connect individual bridges with small islands consisting of bridge bases and some cliffs.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i thought it would be somthing to do with the length i'll try adding some cliffs at 26 cells later

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the bridge now goes 26 cells then small island then 26 cells and works properly thx everyone

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  468.76 KB
 Viewed:  2234 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon