Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
Units get lost at Production Time
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject:  Units get lost at Production Time
Subject description: 2 Tanks Ordered but 1 gets lost all the time =(
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hav a very nagging Problem in my Mod

Im playing my Mod to test all the new Changes and realizied an nagging Problem:

When i build 2 Units (infantry or Tank) the Game will only Produce 1 Unit and the other gets sometimes Sold =(

also the same on the Aircraft =8 is there any Key-Entrys what i must (rollback-)change to get fixed this Problem? =/

I have attached my Rules to this Post maybe there is any Change that is producing this Problem =(

rules.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rules.ini
 Filesize:  267.88 KB
 Downloaded:  77 Time(s)

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
When i build 2 Units (infantry or Tank) the Game will only Produce 1 Unit and the other gets sometimes Sold =(

Your unit is too cheap. If any unit comes out faster than the previous vehicle/infantry, yes it will be sold. because the factory cannot putout 2 units at the same time.

And no, you cannot just add another factory to fix it. the only was it to fix the pricing by making it more expensive. only i handful of games allowed 2 units to be made at the same time.
Edit; (meaning that both units come out of the same buildingis not possible ATM that i am aware of.)

Quote:
also the same on the Aircraft =8 is there any Key-Entrys what i must (rollback-)change to get fixed this Problem? =/

This is a graphical issue. if you have 8 air units your going to have a building with 8 cells, not sure if any more than one unit is supported though it hasn't been talked about that often.

Last edited by Dubzac on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are several ways to fix it.
-build a second warfactory and the game will kick out the unit on the second WF, even if the other is set as "primary"
-change the general key BuildSpeed to make construction in general slower
-change in art.ini the amount of frames for the dooranim, so the animation plays faster and allows a quicker exit for the unit

not sure what you want to say with "Aircraft =8" though. Aircraft can be produced as fast as you want, since they fly in from the map border if there is no free helipad left. And this allows even 100 of them to come almost at the same time.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
There are several ways to fix it.
-build a second warfactory and the game will kick out the unit on the second WF, even if the other is set as "primary"
-change the general key BuildSpeed to make construction in general slower
-change in art.ini the amount of frames for the dooranim, so the animation plays faster and allows a quicker exit for the unit

not sure what you want to say with "Aircraft =8" though. Aircraft can be produced as fast as you want, since they fly in from the map border if there is no free helipad left. And this allows even 100 of them to come almost at the same time.

no i think it was about the building not the aircraft them selves unless i mis-read it, although there might be a way around it. Edit ; (selection problem concerning single units)
I'm not sure about the factory so i can't really comment, other than saying that building two factories in a standard game isn't what all players do although most do, sorry i should of said that before.
i was going to mention build speed but last time i used it, it wasn't that effective ( If you have production bouns active) It still works though to a degree. it is still dependent on the cost of the object.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cause of the problem is
Code:
[General]
GameSpeedBias=0.4

It's far too low, meaning that your units move so slow that it takes too long for them to move out of the gate/door of the factory and for as long as they haven't cleared the factory gate/door, it won't be possible for another unit to spawn from that factory (and thus the unit will be canceled and refunded if no other factory is available for it to spawn from).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mhmm okay i worsn a long time on here, yes at testing time, i had planed, that Units drive and walk slower... because the Gamespeed =/ this will seemly fix the Bug i hope =/

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MrTweek wrote:
mhmm okay i worsn a long time on here, yes at testing time, i had planed, that Units drive and walk slower... because the Gamespeed =/ this will seemly fix the Bug i hope =/

Why don't you just lower the gamespeed?

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think AlternateSpeed=XX is for when a unit is leaving the production factory. Maybe that could help a little.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure there's a BuildSpeedMultiplier= for single units that you could add to units that build too quickly. I.E. Same tag that the Grizzly Tank uses.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Pretty sure there's a BuildSpeedMultiplier= for single units that you could add to units that build too quickly. I.E. Same tag that the Grizzly Tank uses.

not in TS. Only RA2.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK only YR.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Burns
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Units get lost at Production Time Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings. Smile I've been messing around with my private mod again lately and I came across something real similar to this bug, but it only seems to happen during a campaign mission for both GDI and Nod. When I try to replicate it during a skirmish it never happens. For example, if I'm playing GDI and a build a Titan and then a Wolverine after the Titan, the Titan clears the door and the Wolverine follows him out when the build que finishes during the skirmish. However, when I try it during a campaign mission, the Titan doesn't seem to move out of the way in time or perhaps the Wolverine build que goes by faster than it did in the skirmish and the Wolverine is no where to be found when the que finishes. Not sure what would be causing this issue. Any suggestions would be great.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reasons are the same of cost, game speed and buildtime adjustments. There is also game speed
adjustment through Options from main menu and one slider in skirmish, that may be set differently.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This can happen due to different difficulty settings for the player.
Each difficulty setting has a section in rules.ini.
[Easy] ;hard level 2 AI setting in multiplayer (WW mixed that up)
[Normal]
[Difficult] ;easy level 0 AI setting in multiplayer (WW mixed that up)
These can have the keys BuildTime and Cost, which both can reduce the time of the production.
While in skirmish the human player is by default using [Normal] setting, it can use a different one in the campaign and thus get different speeds.

So your problem can be either a global setting in rules.ini, or these can be also set in the campaign map itself.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt WW mixed that up there, LKO. It sounds a feature to me, since easy human is a handicap favoring player's units and in many games easy AI is handicapped in stats compared to hard AI.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is how it works for TS skirmish (also for ROF in RA2 and YR):

Human players always get the values from [Normal] difficulty settings including Cost.
AI on hard get it from [Easy] and AI on easy get it from [Difficult] section of rules.ini. AI on
normal get it from [Normal] section. Fields like ContentScan only affects computer player.

In TS sp missions/campaigns, if I select easy then I get [Easy] values and computer gets values from
[Difficult]. And the other way around on selecting hard. On selecting normal difficulty, both human
and computer get values from [Normal].

The same values for difficulty settings works differently for campaigns and skirmish when it comes
to easy/hard.

Burns
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Units get lost at Production Time Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the help. Switched the Easy and Difficult settings around in the rules.ini and that little bug is now fixed. Much appreciated. Very Happy

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Units get lost at Production Time Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Burns wrote:
Thanks for the help. Switched the Easy and Difficult settings around in the rules.ini and that little bug is now fixed. Much appreciated. Very Happy

Be aware that your multiplayer Level 2 AI will be worse and Level 0 AI harder than it used to be. You most likely also just transferred the bug to the Hard setting instead of fixing it.
Quote:
[Easy] ;hard level 2 AI setting in multiplayer (WW mixed that up)
[Normal]
[Difficult] ;easy level 0 AI setting in multiplayer (WW mixed that up)

WW didn't mix anything up. They did it on purpose, just like the comment on top of [Easy] says. When the AI plays on Easy, it's easy for the AI since its units cost less than usually, and when the AI plays on Difficult, the game is difficult for the AI since its things cost more than usually. The game is obviously easy for a Hard AI and difficult for an Easy AI.
Quote:
; ******* Difficulty Settings *******
; Game difficulty is controlled by these factors. Some of these factors will
; only affect a computer player. The computer and the player are handicapped by
; individual settings. Thus the computer may be playing at 'difficult' level while the
; player may be playing at 'easy' level.

Burns
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Units get lost at Production Time Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I went back and looked at the "Difficulty Settings" section for a moment in the rules.ini and I decided to switch them back around, but I did change the BuildTime from 0.8 to 1.0 so now it won't matter what difficulty setting you have it on, the unit won't get lost at production time. It does make me wonder if this isn't a bug and just a way of making the gameplay against the AI a little harder when some of your units aren't produced like you intended. I just found it to be a little annoying to me personally, but I'm sure others would prefer to keep it. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon