Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Ares] Add in all missions from RA2+Yuri Campaign Tutorial
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject:  [Ares] Add in all missions from RA2+Yuri Campaign Tutorial
Subject description: Comes in the form of a DL Pack.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Assuming some others would like to include all the campaign missions from both RA2 and Yuri, I put together this Tutorial pack.

It's rather easy to use and mostly revolves around copying and pasting the information provided in the pack. Start with the small guide which provide basic instructions.

This work was put together by me, but was also scrutinized by Blade who's original work it was based off. Please credit us both if you choose to use this pack.

This pack/method requires Ares to work, and is close to plug and play as it gets. "I will not be providing a guide for a how to do the same with NPatch etc."

Movie Mix can be downloaded here, it's not required to play missions but adds a nice touch. It was not included in primary download due to it's size.

If you have any questions or concerns or even would like to leave feedback, do so here.

Edit 9.15.2013: Forgot to include the Loading Screen's for missions. Oops!

Load Screens.rar
 Description:
Added load screens.

Download
 Filename:  Load Screens.rar
 Filesize:  4.98 MB
 Downloaded:  634 Time(s)

Campaign Tutorial.rar
 Description:
The Tutorial Pack.

Download
 Filename:  Campaign Tutorial.rar
 Filesize:  4.97 MB
 Downloaded:  1062 Time(s)

Key Words: #Tutorials #Mapping #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge 

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Last edited by EricAnimeFreak on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought I asked this already but what exactly are the CACOUNTRY# countries for? The guide mentioned they can be used in a mod but I'm still unclear on what they are actually used for.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are there to ensure an absolute order for all countries used in missions as they are referenced by array index in some triggers. If they weren't and you added any countries, you would break any mission that used higher number countries (many missions add temp countries just for that map that add to the array).

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suspected as such, but then the guide mentioned that I could override them. What issues would I need to watch for?

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I said specifically in the guide was that, missions would override the countries default rulesmd.ini settings, this is because they use a parent country. You do not override anything, the maps do, what you need watch out for is your new countries tech. I also said one example of such an issue was:

Example, You new CACOUNTRY01 is your new "GDI,NOD,MUTANT,China, ETC" it has entirely new buildings, units, ETC.

Now if you side has a building which is using Owner=CACOUNTRY01 but has prerequisite as Proc, or none. Then this building is buildable in campaign and must be removed in maps by adding TechLevel=11 or higher to avoid construction. Even though the parentcountry sets your new "Blank" Country to Americans or Germans, or soviets etc. They by are still by all means meet requirements for CACOUNTRYXX. And if the player meets the base requirements of your countries new additions, then they will have access unless you manually fix it in the maps.

I think that should be understandable?

That said for campaigns to work correctly, countries must still be setup as CACOUNTRY etc, but the placeholder name is not important as your placeholder name does not appear in game. So these can be new editable countries for your new sides.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah ok, so if I were to simply make a new country that pertains to one of the original sides (like Soviet or Yuri) then it shouldn't be an issue as the only real issue is when the requirement is that they only need to be CACOUNTRY01 or whatever.

EDIT:

So I understood that part but I'm having a bit of issue since the missions seem to be thrown off. Triggers that use countries for triggers seem to be off.

I'm not sure what's causing it, I'll upload my country controls ini below (I'm using sectioned Rules with Ares).

EDIT2: I appear to used Blade's maps when I was supposed to use the new maps in the Original Campaign Maps and Yuri Campaign Maps folders. I mistook the Original Campaign Maps folder for being backups of the originals, uneditted.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Blades maps were included to show the method he used, which was the altering of the triggers "country Index" condition.

I hope everything is working for your properly now. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

switchblade16
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the work ericanimefreak.   I think this deserves a (y).

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tried it but all I keep getting is "Unable to read Scenario."

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you follow the guide correctly? Use the correct set of maps? I would need more information to know why it might have failed.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I followed the guide correctly, I added the stuff it told me to add/replace to Rulesmd and Artmd, copied over the inis I didn't edit and then used the maps from Blade's. That didn't work so I checked here and then came to the conclusion Blade's was the wrong one so deleted them and used the other ones.

EDIT: Solved it. Once again 'twas my ignorance. Apparently SP in map (from launchbase) doesn't get loaded.

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this really is a great tutorial. There is just one thing you didn't mention. There are a lot of audio files that are played during the missions (like Eva giving you instructions) which are inside in audio.mix (which is inside language.mix), but these files are not read by YR. The relevant files are all the .wav files that start with an m (ma for allies, ms for soviets). You have to extract all of them and repack them into another mix file. You also have to edit evamd.ini and uncomment all the RA2 entries (Mis_A1_EvaTanyaWarning etc). Then finally you can get the full RA2 campaign experience. Smile

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Askeladd wrote:
I think this really is a great tutorial. There is just one thing you didn't mention. There are a lot of audio files that are played during the missions (like Eva giving you instructions) which are inside in audio.mix (which is inside language.mix), but these files are not read by YR. The relevant files are all the .wav files that start with an m (ma for allies, ms for soviets). You have to extract all of them and repack them into another mix file. You also have to edit evamd.ini and uncomment all the RA2 entries (Mis_A1_EvaTanyaWarning etc). Then finally you can get the full RA2 campaign experience. Smile

I didn't notice this post for so long, sorry.

If you have done the work already to get the audio etc. It would be great if you could upload here since I don't have a lot of time these days. That way others using this tutorial would have an easier time. I honestly completely forgot about the audio.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something I realized with this. The animations don't seem to be fixed, at least not the arrows for Allied 3 (Hail to the Chief) for the Garrison. The animation number was never adjusted.

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

half-a-decade old bump, but there's an error in this useful tutorial.

In the Rules additions, [CACOUNTRY0] and [CACOUNTRY3] are missing sections, while [CACOUNTRY2] is repeated.

This doesn't cause any issues in gameplay (probably because the missing sections are defined correctly in the map files), as far as I could tell, but causes problems if you ever attempt to modify the campaign maps in FA2, wherein it'll confuse objects belonging to child-houses of both these countries, making all such objects to be owned by a certain " house".

To fix it, simply make duplicate of [CACOUNTRY1], renaming it [CACOUNTRY0], and change one of the 2 [CACOUNTRY2]s into [CACOUNTRY3].

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

silverwind wrote:
half-a-decade old bump, but there's an error in this useful tutorial.

In the Rules additions, [CACOUNTRY0] and [CACOUNTRY3] are missing sections, while [CACOUNTRY2] is repeated.

This doesn't cause any issues in gameplay (probably because the missing sections are defined correctly in the map files), as far as I could tell, but causes problems if you ever attempt to modify the campaign maps in FA2, wherein it'll confuse objects belonging to child-houses of both these countries, making all such objects to be owned by a certain " house".

To fix it, simply make duplicate of [CACOUNTRY1], renaming it [CACOUNTRY0], and change one of the 2 [CACOUNTRY2]s into [CACOUNTRY3].

There's other small issues, like Tank destroyers in the Egypt mission in YR being TNKD2 not TNKD, and stuff, but those are small issues and easily fixed all things considered.

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. TNKD2, SNIPE2, YURICL, YURIPRCL. There are many references to non-existing units in the maps.

Considering the usefulness of this tutorial, I think we should fix any noticeable bugs and upload a new download.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Movie.mix is deleted Sad

Who has it=? Or can I use some from installation?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should be able to find those files in the movies01.mix and movies02.mix files either on the original CDs or in the installation directory. You will need to do some renaming however as the reason they were repackaged was because the Yuri's Revenge movies override them.

I believe I have found the mix file originally posted among my files, but I need to check it out some more to be sure. I could be wrong or have some of MO 2.0's spliced vids in there to clean out. (I took it from a recent-ish mod project that was MO 2.0 on Ares with the original RA2 missions using this guide being a WiP addition)

Saref
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to merge British,French,Germans etc into one Europeans subfaction and removing old subfactions. Will it cause any issues with these maps?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These maps require a specific order in the [Countries] and [Sides] sections to work, if you remove or modify either of them  the maps wont work.

You can pick one of the countries and change it into a "European" country. You can then disable the other ones from skirmish using ListIndex=.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon