Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Component Tower
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GeneralDoomsday
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject:  Component Tower Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For a private single player map i want a gdi base to build up. but the component tower is not working. if i use the turret only for a base node, the ai doesnt build it. if i use the tower with addon, the tower only appears

edit: found the solution

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you tell me what the solution is? I would like to know this myself for structures with upgrades.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

GeneralDoomsday
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i placed the tower and next to it the upgrade. then i deleted the tower and made it to a node, then the same with the upgrade

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what you did was the following:

- Place component tower (without upgrade)
- 1 cell next to it you placed the upgrade you wanted to use
- Then create node (auto delete structure) for the component tower
- Then create node (auto delete structure) for the upgrade

Because when I move the upgrade on top of the tower node, then try to create a node (auto delete structure), it says 'You cannot place a node on another node'

/ppm/'s stupidity

GeneralDoomsday
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exactly.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm stunned.
Could you send me the map? I'm not into modding TS, but the upgrades still work partially in YR. I'd like to see with my own eyes.

/ppm/'s stupidity

GeneralDoomsday
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll give you the map I tested it on

gdi1a.map
 Description:
Test Map

Download
 Filename:  gdi1a.map
 Filesize:  38.51 KB
 Downloaded:  49 Time(s)

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice feature!

There's one flaw though.
Keep in mind the node list is read from 0 every time a structure has to be placed.

Let's say you have 3 power plants, and want to apply 1 upgrade to each. You can't.

When the game finds GAPOWRUP, it will look through the list starting from 0, and at the first occasion it finds GAPOWR, it will apply it there.
So, 2 of the 3 GAPOWRUP nodes will be placed on Power plant 1, the third on Power plant 2.

Node list example:
Code:
000=GAPOWR,X,Y
001=GAPOWRUP,X+1,Y+1
...=Lots of other structures
031=GAPOWR,X+20,Y+10
032=GAPOWRUP,X+21,Y+11
...=Lots again...
055=GAPOWR,X+25,Y+15
056=GAPOWR,X+35,Y+18
057=GAPOWRUP,X+35,Y+19
058=GAPOWRUP,X+35,Y+20

Mind the silly X+, Y+ thingies, it's so you can't tell me they overlap. They're all located according to your map idea, next to the parent structure.
Now, you'd expect node 001 to apply to 000, which it does.
You'd think 032 applies to 031, 057 and 058 to 056. There's the catch, 031 and 058 will be applied to 000 and 058 to 031.
It keeps filling the parent structure with the powerup's until it is 'full', then it moves on the next (closest to 0) structure that can have the upgrade.

Sidenote: nodes on nodes works perfectly fine, nod5a has it for the component towers, silly FinalSun.

EDIT: proper explaining.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon