Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Final Sun Patch
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject:  Final Sun Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I seem to remember from when I mapped back in the day a patch that would disable those obnoxious sounds in Final Sun. Can anyone point me to it please?

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open FinalSun.ini
go to [UserInterface]
add the line NoSounds=1

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't it work when you click 'Sounds' under settings in FS?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalSun dosen't have that option.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA's FinalSun has it... Maybe he got confused with that Razz

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does now.

FinalSunNoSounds.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FinalSunNoSounds.rar
 Filesize:  588.32 KB
 Downloaded:  87 Time(s)

/ppm/'s stupidity

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I demand you to post a fixed version of FA2YR too.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
It does now.

Neat hack. Seems a bit more extensive than the one I did for DTA (given that you don't need to restart FinalSun for it to take effect and it doesn't replace any existing options) #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
I demand you to post a fixed version of FA2YR too.

MO 3.0 exclusive!

Bittah Commander wrote:
Neat hack. Seems a bit more extensive than the one I did for DTA (given that you don't need to restart FinalSun for it to take effect and it doesn't replace any existing options) #Tongue

I just copied the code of FA2 to FS, no clue why Matze didn't include the sounds button in FS. Must have been on LSD or something...

/ppm/'s stupidity

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Sun Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should consider mine too, as it adds the option to disable sounds like it does in FinalAlert 2.

When the issue of stability comes up, the one with the option would win as it only gives you a button to call the function and doesn't change the code at all. It would then be similar to FA2(YR).

Something about resources and stuff.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
no clue why Matze didn't include the sounds button in FS. Must have been on LSD or something...

better to ask why did he even forced that annoying BEEP

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all of the quick replies! I remember a lot of you. One more question, is there any way to manually place cliffs in the new versions of final sun? The cliff paint tool makes them look so awful.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cliff paint tool was already there to begin with. If you wanna place them manually, you just go to Terrain/Ground menu at the bottom and select 0010 (Cliff Set).

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, well apparently I never noticed it, and it shows you how rusty I am that I apparently can't even find the cliffs, lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon