Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
W3X to SHP projects
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [221 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject:  W3X to SHP projects Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not gifted enough to create models all by myself but anyway I can import models and render. Here is the first try.

I know it has too many frames for an infantry SHP but I will redo it, making fewer frames.

And who can tell me the right lighting for an infantry SHP? I only know the shadow light should be on the top of the model.

the shadows are rendered separately and I did not add them to this gif. They are rendered wrong for an infantry, as I used a building shadow light.

1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.53 KB
 Viewed:  25169 Time(s)

1.gif

Last edited by kenosis on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 am; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet jesus its the Javelin Soldier.

Did you check out DonutArnold's or Raminator's? I think they have scripts or something for rendering the sequence to be shorter and ideal for RA2

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can adjust render options to make max render like 1 out of 5 frames to make the sequence shorter

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you render infantry you should always render them with the same lighting setting as buildings. No need to make the same stupid mistake as WW giving them a completely different and wrong lighting with a shadow facing in the opposite direction or being just a blob of black under the unit.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but I think that will make new ones look really different and strange when used with WW's infantry.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well you can render it in 2 ways. bad WW and correct new one.
Maybe in a far future all ugly WW infantry can be replaced with correct lighted ones and then you don't have to create this one again.

Public SHPs

Tools

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot to change rendering settings......

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.61 KB
 Viewed:  25048 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I shouldn't have used EA's official art pack, they made separate files so I have to open and adjust all the time.
By tips from LKO used building lighting&shadows.
You can use it freely.

hmm~ I'm tired so someone please write the sequence for it. Going to bed now~

Next time I will perhaps render some Scrin infantry.

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  285.76 KB
 Viewed:  25022 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

Javelin Soldier.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Javelin Soldier.shp
 Filesize:  775.88 KB
 Downloaded:  346 Time(s)

Last edited by kenosis on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

starnge that it took so long for someone else than me to create infantry using the sample art...#Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. That looks very nice - could you do the Conscript by any chance?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator already did the Conscript IMO.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the Motar Cycle,King Oni & Steel Ronin as Infantry?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why, steel ronin as infantry?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it'd be better as a SHP than as a VXL.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean its size........Such a big thing coming out of barracks is strange.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you could always shrink them down so that they're like the Tesla Troopers... Dudes in Power Armor.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Natasha here you have a list for me?

Is it possible to give a vehicle type SHP unit 2 kinds of firing ? Steel Ronin will take me shorter time if rendered in vehicle standard.

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.15 KB
 Viewed:  24867 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the animation of the javelin soldier is nice, but you should have gone a more realistic way. Those cartoonish oversized weapons which are bigger than the infantry itself look horrible imo and the unit wielding such huge weapon in big motions as if it weighs nothing doesn't helps too.

No unit can have 2 different firing anims. (except using deployed state)

btw, you can edit your posts and avoid the constant double (triple) posts. I merged some of your posts and removed the double posts.

Public SHPs

Tools

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet Natasha!

Steel Ronin as Vehicle could be okay then people could just edit the shp into Infantry then. The Steel Ronin has a death animation too IIRC where he sorta gasps in pain then explodes.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, Natasha is great.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I will render steel ronin first as infantry so other people can make a vehicle out of it.
But let me finish natasha first.

I need some tips on creating water effect on the swimming frames Very Happy

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uploaded a modified version of DonutArnold's template which i used for making tanya's swimming animations

swim_scene.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  swim_scene.rar
 Filesize:  29.42 KB
 Downloaded:  228 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the swimming frames are bad..........need some tips on them

natashaf.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  302.75 KB
 Viewed:  24769 Time(s)

natashaf.gif

natashashp.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  natashashp.rar
 Filesize:  208.74 KB
 Downloaded:  495 Time(s)

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all i can say is, try to mimic irl movements and also if you're making your own animations then us IK before animating. it will make animating alot easier

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WW also had to edit their SHPs by hand after rendering too.

Looks fine although I noticed the Canvas seems too small on the top causing some clipping issues when she's balancing her Rifle on her head.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steel Ronin in infantry standard

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  422.05 KB
 Viewed:  24662 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should try rendering it in a custom palette. Like with all the Pure Blue killed off. And the Team Color edited to Pure Blue. Transparent is instead Pure Green.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huge preview&huge SHP
contains 2 stand, walk , run , 2 attack idle and die

caution: this shp is in infantry rotation. You need to reverse most frames if you want to make a vehicle.

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Viewed:  24630 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

steelronin.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  steelronin.rar
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Downloaded:  313 Time(s)

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tried fully remap conscript. Ramiator already finished stuff.

And mortar cycle

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.97 KB
 Viewed:  24587 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.11 KB
 Viewed:  24601 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mortar cycle as infantry
but I did not find its death animation. Use a simple explosion then.

Added a resized version

resized.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.86 KB
 Viewed:  24543 Time(s)

resized.png

cycle.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  316.87 KB
 Viewed:  24558 Time(s)

cycle.gif

cycleresized.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cycleresized.rar
 Filesize:  99.23 KB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

cycleshp.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cycleshp.rar
 Filesize:  203.95 KB
 Downloaded:  307 Time(s)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will gotta use most of the stuff from this topic.

Nice job, Kenosis.

=======================

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love this thread and the guy who made it. Could you convert a few more? These are awesome.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd welcome the TW Nod Commando and Yuriko tbh. #Tongue

=======================

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

making infantry is super annoying, you need to make

stand
walk
attack
prone
prone attack
( optional )secondary attack
( optional )secondary prone attack
up
down
die x 2
idle x 2
cheer
paradrop

while making a vehicle would only need
stand
run
attack or turret
idle x 2 if in infantry standard

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A script would be nice for this job.
It should operate like this:

Input number X
Key frame at 1
Key frame at X
Key frame at X+1, rotate selected object 45° or -45°
key frame at 2X
key frame at 2X+1,rotate selected object 45° or -45°
Key frame at 3X

so most time adjusting the rotation can be saved.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe this will help you in learning to make your own scripts for max. i cant open the link cuz youtube doesnt work for me, so i dont really know what it is but it says "Maxscript Tutorial Series"

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, no youtube access here!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great conversion kenosis Very Happy can't wait for more Smile

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next project
Centurion

Adjusting remapable parts of the texture .....

cent.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.2 KB
 Viewed:  24348 Time(s)

cent.png

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its... huge! awesome. C&C3 Juggernaut?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

crap,i am cut off from net and has to use phone. would upload finished shp another day.
ps next time when i post a simple  preview tell me infantry rotation or vehicle rotation or vehicle rotation with separate turret

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make everything inf and then who use veh rotation will gonna fix it on his own.

=======================

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new shps made!cheers!

prev2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.33 KB
 Viewed:  24227 Time(s)

prev2.gif

prev.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.62 KB
 Viewed:  24227 Time(s)

prev.gif

gdicommando.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gdicommando.rar
 Filesize:  218.39 KB
 Downloaded:  454 Time(s)

centshp.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  centshp.rar
 Filesize:  677.16 KB
 Downloaded:  390 Time(s)

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

19:55  started
19:57  imported
20:01  scene finished
20:05  stand finished
20:09  run finished
20:12  attack finished
20:20  diffuculty adjusting prone
20:26  prone finished
20:30  proneattack finished
20:32  down finished
20:34  up finishe
20:35  choosing idle
20:39  idle1 finished
20:42  max stops responding
20:44  idle2 finished
20:46  die1 finished
20:48  die1 remade
20:50  die2 finished
20:51  animator started,inputing frames by
stand run idle1 idle2 attack down up prone proneattack die1 die2
20:55  all inputed, outputing frames
20:56  all outputed
20:57  rename all frames for SHP Builder
20:58  importing by SHP Builder
20:59  SHP finished!

however you need to fix a few frames by hand

prev.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.22 KB
 Viewed:  24204 Time(s)

prev.gif

nodcommando.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nodcommando.rar
 Filesize:  148.78 KB
 Downloaded:  375 Time(s)

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

last one for today, i'd like some rest

prev3.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.78 KB
 Viewed:  24155 Time(s)

prev3.gif

rocketangel.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rocketangel.rar
 Filesize:  316.4 KB
 Downloaded:  383 Time(s)

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you use one max file per animation type or do you copy all animations into one file? that´s basicly how I did it...
used the anims from the sample files i liked...edited them...copied them into one max-file, edit some models...make a conscript out of the javelin guy

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would really pleasured,if you can make a Peacekeeper soldier from RA3.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my way is like this:
import the model, add texture
combine a finished scene to it, the scene contains camera,ground,lights and a dummy object, to which all the other parts are linked
do all necessary settings like render size
save the whole as basic.max

import animation
copy paste animation so it plays 8 times
run script camera setter which modifys the dummy object so all scene rotation will be in one click
render
run another script that changes texture to shadow and shuts filling lights
modify render settings for the shadow
render

close current max and open basic.max again

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, wow, wow, WOW!

Thanks, Kenosis, I really appreciate.

=======================

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like your work, kenosis. It's better than anything I've created.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [221 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon