Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CnCNet 5 TS test package
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [86 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject:  CnCNet 5 TS test package Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've been working on TS support for the last few weeks and we like to get it completely functional and tested as soon as possible. As part of that we're making available a test package for TS right now.

We felt it's important for modders to play around with what we have now, as the CnCNet 5 team is fully committed to adding official support for TS mods/games using the TS engine. We also lack TS knowledge which modders have.

Download this full game + CnCNet5 installer (20 MB) and open cncnet5.exe is the folder it installed to: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/TiberianSun_Online_Installer.exe

Things that are missing:
- Map previews (code for it written and it also shows spawning location numbers, will be added to the program soon)
- Some settings are missing (e.g. allies allowed) or needs to be removed/changed, this will be done soon too.
- Config tool (will be added later).

NOTE:
- 8 human players games should work but aren't tested. (8 players with AI works)
- Anti-cheat will be added later.
- Ladder and quick match will be added later too.

Chat:
- Player IRC chat (also used by CnCNet 5 lobby) is irc.cncnet.org #cncnet (web chat: http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.cncnet.org/cncnet/?nick=Guest|? )
- Developer IRC chat is on irc.freenode.net #cncnet

Screenshots:

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm up for testing with anyone, even though it is vanilla...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just pointing out that the player colours are different in Red Alert and TS. Instead of gray, teal and maroon, TS has sky blue, purple and pink.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note though that those colours are only for lobby text, though IMO that's a pointless feature anyway.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like OmegaBolt said they're only for chat color. It was added as the RA95 LAN lobby also has it. In the actual game room it uses the TS colors.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugs so far:

- Clicking on the radar does not seem to work at all. Can't give unit orders, can't jump the camera with it. But it is visible and does update with moving objects etc.

- Loading screen and score backgrounds are all missing.

- I changed the resolution in Sun.ini but it did not effect the game. I assume that stuff gets read before the 'spawner' stuff takes place.

Also perhaps there could be an option that players are not replaced with AI when they leave the game.

Another great hack would be getting the game to give space around the MCV when you spawn, just like in RA2.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
- Loading screen and score backgrounds are all missing.

Guess my mini TS build is being used for this then. I removed the loading screen backgrounds because they were about 10 MB in size together and I removed the score screen background because it always used the GDI version, even when you play as Nod.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah your mini-TS is being used.

The radar not working is related to the radar/minimap hack prevention code. I just fixed it but the CnCNet 5 package doesn't have it yet. Have to wait till FunkyFr3sh updates it. Thanks for reporting.

Not sure what the issue with the resoluton for you is, the other testers don't have it. Hope we can figure it out.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game

- For some reason doesn't seem to support all resolutions. For instance 1024x768 works but 1280x920 doesn't. IIRC Tore used 1280x800 which DID work for him. Not sure what's going on here.

Client

- Doesn't seem to save chosen colours in game (also perhaps the chat colours SHOULD represent TS colours too)

- IMO a background screenshot of a cool map would be better than the stretched low res TS menu pic.

Suggestions

- Add *host wants to start the game* notification. Also perhaps a map change one too.

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All those suggestions are good ideas, OmegaBolt. I'll discuss it with FunkyFr3sh. Maybe we can ask around on these forums and include whatever is the nicest background we can get.

EDIT: The option to have player units get blown up when a player quits might be a good idea too, depending on how many people request it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of embedding the menu background into the source, you should add none by default and load "if present" the image from a folder like you do with all the icons.
It would be useful for mods so they can customize easier the interface and make it match to the mod.
Iran wrote:
EDIT: The option to have player units get blown up when a player quits might be a good idea too, depending on how many people request it.

A very good suggestion. And it would be best if you add another checkbox to the menu "Destroy ragequitting player".

Did i mentioned already that this is a fantastic job you've done there?

\Edit
forget what i wrote. Just saw you have the background already as external image.

\Edit
if it isn't too much work, then a volume slider for the audio effects would be nice.
Or at least a button to disable the cncnet sounds.

\Edit
Any chance to raise the length of Nicknames?
I can only write "LinKueiOmin" and the max length is reached. Sad

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should have clarified it in my thread opening post, I'm working with the rest of the CnCNet team. FunkyFr3sh focuses on the CnCNet 5 client and I focus on patching the games. Hifi also patches the games and does important work. CCHyper also did patching and give important info.

> A very good suggestion. And it would be best if you add another checkbox to the menu "Destroy ragequitting player".

Just to be sure, and I think this is what you already meant. You suggest adding it as a game option when hosting a game? That's a good idea.

> if it isn't too much work, then a volume slider for the audio effects would be nice.

Not a bad idea either. At the moment you can use your own sounds if you like too but a slider would help, it should also be possible to use the windows volume control thingy to set the CnCNet 5 volume if you use newer Windows version. I'll ask FunkyFr3sh about it.

> Or at least a button to disable the cncnet sounds.

This should be under the program settings, it has tick boxes to enable/disable sounds for events. You can also delete the sound files.

> Any chance to raise the length of Nicknames?

I assume CnCNet 5 isn't allowing you use a longer nickname? If that's the case I think FunkyFr3sh made it that way as RA1 cuts off the player name when there's a longer length. Does TS support your longer nick? I'll ask FunkyFr3sh about.

Good suggestions.

Bittah and Rampastein have been testing their in development DTA version on CnCNet 5 and so far they've noticed that one DTA map crashes under odd circumstances. The rest seems to work like with normal TS on CnCNet 5.

They and other testers have also noticed that some of the chat/player colors are incorrect from what they picked in the CnCNet 5 game room. From what I've seen so far this appears to be an issue with the way the CnCNet 5 client writes the color values to be used, but I'm not sure and it could also be an issue with the patched TS "spawner" game code which starts the match for CnCnet 5.

The game is using too tight netcode values causing games to be slow most of the time. Really easy to fix and it should be part of the next update.

So far less bugs than I expected and no bugs which seem hard to figure out.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been doing a decent amount of tests together with Rampastring today and one thing we noticed is that the color you choose often won't be the same color you'll get ingame and a player's colors will often even be different for the same player on different computers.

Another issue we encountered is that a specific map constantly failed to load. We did some debugging and found it only crashed when Rampastring was the one hosting and I joined his game (so when I hosted, it wouldn't crash).
Additionally it turned out that the map wouldn't crash anymore after [IsoMapPack5] was completely removed from the map, regardless of who hosted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a few more suggestions

-the available houses and their names should be read from rules.ini (right now you see russia and england for GDI and Nod) and new houses aren't shown at all
-the maps list should be used primarily from missions.pkt (or the file that the mod uses when it has it renamed, so it should be possible to set this in the options)
using missions.pkt allows a better order than the current alphabetical order

-it should be possible to start a new game or set the MP options even if you couldn't connect to cncnet. The advanced MP settings like start locations make this superior to any ingame skirmish menu, so allowing the player to use this for skirmish with only AIs would be nice.

-the texts of buttons and other interface elements should be settable via an ini. Also allow hiding and disabling of certain buttons and giving default values. e.g. Fog of War always causes crashes in TS, so it would be good to hide/disable this and set it to "off" by default.
Default values for Starting Units should be possible to set this way too.

-When i had "Random Start Loc." enabled, i only saw for split seconds a tooltip when hovering over a "???" start location field. I couldn't read what was written there, but it was only a short text. The tooltip should then also show "Start location can't be set, because Random Start Loc. is enabled".

-when the map preview is implemented, it should use imo the previewpack and not cncmap renderer. Most mods create custom good looking images for the the previewpack, so this should be used.
To add numbered icons for the start locations would be then up to the mod team to add to the previewpack.
Or add a button with which you can switch between PreviewPack and CNCMap Renderer.
I assume that using the PreviewPack is also a hundred times faster than rendering the map.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>the available houses and their names should be read from rules.ini (right now you see russia and england for GDI and Nod) and new houses aren't shown at all

Are you using the German translation? The English translation shows the correct names. What we'll probably be doing is hard-coded Nod and GDI for TS and if (standalone) mods like TI have their own extra multiplayer houses (or different names) we'll add for those mods. So it will be hard-coded for mods probably.

>-the maps list should be used primarily from missions.pkt (or the file that the mod uses when it has it renamed, so it should be possible to set this in the options)
using missions.pkt allows a better order than the current alphabetical order

This is an important point and other testers also brought this up. We will work out a system to make this customize-able, probably with a settings text file. Not sure about the specifics yet though.

>it should be possible to start a new game or set the MP options even if you couldn't connect to cncnet. The advanced MP settings like start locations make this superior to any ingame skirmish menu, so allowing the player to use this for skirmish with only AIs would be nice.

This should already be the case if you select the skirmish option at startup. The CnCNet5.exe also accepts a command-line arg to put you into skirmish mode. I'm not sure at the moment if that system works the way I'm describing it, but I will be adding it to my Red Alert 1 launcher soon like that.

>the texts of buttons and other interface elements should be settable via an ini. Also allow hiding and disabling of certain buttons and giving default values. e.g. Fog of War always causes crashes in TS, so it would be good to hide/disable this and set it to "off" by default.

Thanks for the warning about the Fog Of War setting, didn't know about it before. I doubt we'll make the text customizable or allow you to disable buttons. What we'll probably will be doing is using game rooms modified to specification for (standalone) mods which are supported by CnCNet 5. This means the program will disable options and change the names of them if the mod authors want it. This also allows for things to be translated.

>-When i had "Random Start Loc." enabled, i only saw for split seconds a tooltip when hovering over a "???" start location field. I couldn't read what was written there. The tooltip should then also show "Start location can't be set, because Random Start Loc. is enabled".

This checkbox will be removed. It was added for ra95 because the selectable spawns code needed to be tested and it was needed to be sure every spawn is random and uses the original game's algorithm for calculating spawning locations. Any issues related to the selectable spawns option should be fixed now for TS, though that still remains to be tested.

>-when the map preview is implemented, it should use imo the previewpack and not cncmap renderer. Most mods create custom good looking images for the the previewpack, so this should be used.

The code for this is written. It displays the content of PreviewPack and then for TS it draws spawning location numbers on them. If say TI adds the spawn location numbers into the PreviewPack we will program the CnCnet 5 client to not draw the spawn location numbers over the PreviewPack data when people host TI games.

Some very good points and suggestions you brought up. Tell me if I missed anything. We want to support mods like DTA and TI like we support other "full" C&C games like TS, RA1 and C&C1. Which includes any special, customized settings.

EDIT: FunkyFr3sh says the reason it shows the RA1 country names instead of GDI/Nod is because there's something wrong with the cncnet5.ini file you're using. Try using this one he uploaded: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/cncnet5.ini

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iran wrote:
Are you using the German translation? The English translation shows the correct names. What we'll probably be doing is hard-coded Nod and GDI for TS and if (standalone) mods like TI have their own extra multiplayer houses (or different names) we'll add for those mods. So it will be hard-coded for mods probably.

Was using a test build for DTA.
Too bad about hardcoding this stuff. You know how much trouble it gave mods with all the hardcoded WW stuff, so i was hoping you wouldn't make the same mistake.

Iran wrote:
>-the maps list should be used primarily from missions.pkt

This is an important point and other testers also brought this up. We will work out a system to make this customize-able, probably with a settings text file. Not sure about the specifics yet though.

Load maps in this order
1. check missions.pkt and list all these maps in the order they appear there. No need to check here if the map file even exists, as it is up to the modder to make sure the corresponding maps exist. Mods also add blank maps into the list as a kind of separator. Though when a map is selected, it should check if it's a valid map
2. Compare the list of map files with the list of maps from mission.pkt. Offer every map that isn't in missions.pkt as a new map and put it after the list of maps from missions.pkt. These additional maps can then also keep using the alphabetical order.

Iran wrote:
>it should be possible to start a new game or set the MP options even if you couldn't connect to cncnet. The advanced MP settings like start locations make this superior to any ingame skirmish menu, so allowing the player to use this for skirmish with only AIs would be nice.

This should already be the case if you select the skirmish option at startup. The CnCNet5.exe also accepts a command-line arg to put you into skirmish mode. I'm not sure at the moment if that system works the way I'm describing it, but I will be adding it to my Red Alert 1 launcher soon like that.

ah, i missed that. sorry  Embarassed
and yes, it seems to work fine. Smile

Iran wrote:
>-when the map preview is implemented, it should use imo the previewpack and not cncmap renderer. Most mods create custom good looking images for the the previewpack, so this should be used.

The code for this is written. It displays the content of PreviewPack and then for TS it draws spawning location numbers on them. If say TI adds the spawn location numbers into the PreviewPack we will program the CnCnet 5 client to not draw the spawn location numbers over the PreviewPack data when people host TI games.

Beware that the image the PreviewPack shows doesn't has to match at all the map. So i'm not sure if you're able to always put the start locations on their relative location in the image.
e.g.
via trigger you can change the visible area of a map ingame.
Thus you can start on a quite small map, which then becomes bigger later in the same match when a trigger fires.
The PreviewPack could then show only the small map that is visible in the beginning (to give a nice surprise ingame and don't reveal already everything).

This however means that your calculated locations of the waypoints wouldn't match the previewimage.

Iran wrote:
Some very good points and suggestions you brought up. Tell me if I missed anything. We want to support mods like DTA and TI like we support other "full" C&C games like TS, RA1 and C&C1. Which includes any special, customized settings.

I would really like to encourage you and the cncnet team to hardcode as few as possible and keep most stuff settable via inis.
It would make using it much easier in future for other new mods as well.
Also during a mod developement things often change, and consulting the cncnet team could be a hindrance when you only want to test new things which might not be final and are removed short time later.

Iran wrote:
EDIT: FunkyFr3sh says the reason it shows the RA1 country names instead of GDI/Nod is because there's something wrong with the cncnet5.ini file you're using. Try using this one he uploaded: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/cncnet5.ini

Thanks, that fixed it. Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Load maps in this order
1. check missions.pkt and list all these maps in the order they appear there. No need to check here if the map file even exists, as it is up to the modder to make sure the corresponding maps exist. Mods also add blank maps into the list as a kind of separator. Though when a map is selected, it should check if it's a valid map

A system like working directly like that wouldn't allow categories. While that sounds good otherwise, I'd check the name of the directory the map is loaded from so the maps could still be put in categories.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then perhaps CNCNet could read a new category tag in the pkt? It would allow modders to group together maps of certain gamemodes. YR uses the tag GameMode= in the pkt, so this should probably be supported.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
YR uses the tag GameMode= in the pkt, so this should probably be supported.

Ah, I didn't know about YR. In that case, reading GameMode= would be the best implementation. Maps without that tag could be put into some "Other" category (and still be visible in All maps).

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep up the good work!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe i missed that option or it is already planned, but is there a way to find/sort the people in the lobby that run a certain mod or game?

It would be nice to see if a player is using RA, TD, TS, TI, DTA, RA2, YR, MO etc.
maybe even add a checkbox "hide players of other games" so you only have those left visible that use your game.
The chat should have such an option too, so you basically have a global channel and separate channels for each game. (As a TS player i wouldn't be interested in RA chat discussions and surely also vice versa)

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Judging from the latest update, the games are now separated by default and there's also no way to show RA/TD games again while running the TS client...

In many cases this would be fine, but I imagine that many players also would like to be able to just start the CnCNet client and then be able to join the lobby of any game or mod and to instantly be able to play it without further ado (provided all directories have been properly configured).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would rather ask TD online players if they want to join DTA instead #Tongue

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doubt we'll add an option to only show players who have the same games installed as you do.

We'll also be going back to showing all games in the games list, not only the ones you have installed. An option will be added to only show the games you have installed in the game list but we want to promote CnCNet 5 players to play every C&C game/mod we support, this will also work as constant promotion for mods as new players get on CnCNet 5 and they see players playing the mod, when they try to join they get alerted about the mod and a subsystem to download the mods if needed. But that is still to be done.

How does the game handle map previews for maps which have triggers that enlarge the (visible?) map size?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But without any icon showing what game a player is playing and in front of a currently hosted game, it can be quite hard to find suitable games.
e.g. I don't want to click through a list of 20 hosted RA games and get every time a message "game mismatch" until i finally find out, there is no TI game currently hosted.

When doing a DTA test, it also was quite annoying to scroll through the long list of RA players to find out if Bittah or Rampa are online as well or not.
btw, while scrolling down the players list, the players list constantly jumped to the beginning again, when a player joined or left (not sure when exactly). But this also made it harder to find a certain name.
Iran wrote:
How does the game handle map previews for maps which have triggers that enlarge the (visible?) map size?

The game simply shows the PreviewPack in multiplayer menu, nothing more (thus the preview can be also a trollface or no image at all, it doesn't matter). Ingame the radar is showing the map as it is, as the radar takes the real map (the radar color stored in the tmp file for every tile is used for that), not the previewpack. So when the map becomes bigger/smaller, the radar is adjusted automatically.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
But without any icon showing what game a player is playing and in front of a currently hosted game, it can be quite hard to find suitable games.

There is an icon showing what game the player is playing.
http://tore.cnc-comm.com/junk/alldegaems.png

Quote:
When doing a DTA test, it also was quite annoying to scroll through the long list of RA players to find out if Bittah or Rampa are online as well or not.

Right now you can use the !seen command.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've released a bunch of updates to fix issues reported here.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

much better, now that i only see the hosted games matching the one that i'm currently playing. Smile

a small suggestion: add the mod name.
When running DTA, it reads "XYZ has formed a new game (Tiberian Sun)"

Not sure what happens if a TS player hosts a game and a DTA player wants to join (or vice versa).

Would a normal TS game be visible in the list of games in DTA cncnet?

\Edit
TS player can't join DTA game: tested and works Smile
TS player can see DTA games. Should be changed imo.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're currently using the TS mod system for testing. They'll be supported as another game like TS/RA1/C&C1 in the future.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see.
well, then i guess there isn't much left to improve. fantastic work.

I can't believe that after almost 20 years since the first C&C, there are still fans going that great lengths to fix/improve these, my most favorite games. Smile

I also like the subtle statement "you see EA? You can ignore us, by not giving any updates/bugfixes, but we don't need you anymore to get some good C&Cs done." Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

r34ch
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every time I launch a skirmish game with AI, I get a message saying 'The game files have been modified, the client will now restart to restore the original files'

wine 1.4.1, winetricks and Ubuntu x64 13.10

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

r34ch wrote:
Every time I launch a skirmish game with AI, I get a message saying 'The game files have been modified, the client will now restart to restore the original files'

Why exactly are you using cncnet to do something the game can do without it?  Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cncnet skirmish allows selectable start locations, AIs with different difficulty levels and predefined teams. Vanilla TS skirmish can't do these things.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The issue isn't related to Wine/Mono. It happens whenever using the skirmish mode of CnCNet 5 with TS. FunkyFr3sh is looking into it.

The workaround for it is hosting a 1 player online game, same thing but it requires internet connection.

I've added code to dump the GAMERES statistics packet the game tries to send to a binary dump. I also made it try to send when playing multiplayer spawner games (it would normally only do so for WOL).

Additionally the anti-cheat for TS is almost done. AutoSS was already done (but it won't be enabled until the future ladder supports it) and I've written fixes for all the hacks/trainers that were sent to me. CCHyper has the remaining hack fixes and exploit fixes. Just gotta do add some patches for savegames saving/loading and get CCHyper's code.

hifi is doing some really promising work which will immensely benefit the TS community as a whole. Not sure if he plans to finish it.

Still gotta patch the statistics code so it dumps stuff like player alliances, for a future ladder (to support more than just 1vs1 game correctly). Not sure if I will add support for spectators, I got a lot of things I need to work on and I'm not sure if there is actual interest for the feature (and it won't have the fancy UI stuff like the RA2/YR observers feature has). The spectator stuff would work like the CncNet 5 RA1 feature for it.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO spectators would be good. As I said, it doesnt make sense that more players than the maps support can spawn ingame, so if those extra players were spectators instead that could be really neat. I guess they would need to choose 'spectator mode' before entering matches just like YR otherwise they may somehow be confused as to whether they're actually playing or not.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

edit: nvm

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We just released an update. Changes:

- CnCNet 5 skirmish mode should work properly now.
- Map previews have been re-enabled (they were disabled because hacked maps with black map previews were crashing the client)
- Added an option to enable/disable AlexB's graphics patch to the EXE, not added to the config tool yet
- Added more anti-cheat which Iran and CCHyper have been working on. All the hacks that were sent to Iran (me) no longer work and build anywhere exploit should be fixed too. This includes the following hacks:

- transparent shroud
- map reveal
- radar/minimap hack
- sidebar hacks (e.g. Tiberian Fiends)
- a hack that removes the unit limit from units like the Ghost Stalker

Please test if any other ONLINE MULTIPLAYER hacks (not recon ones) still work and send me a copy of the hacks that still work.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We pushed another update. Some changes:

- An issue with superweapons cameo in the sidebar should be fixed now (issue related to anticheat)
- The game should no longer crash/freeze when all spawning locations on a map are selected.

CnCNet 5 reached a new player count record of 213 just now. Tiberian Sun is already more popular than C&C1.

We've had about 10 TS players in TS games for the past 5 hours now. It's not much unless you compare it to the player count on XWIS TS and YR and Mental Omega's CnCNet v4 player count.

It's been a week now since TS has been officially supported by CnCNet 5 and I didn't expect the amount of TS players we have already. We're still figuring out bugs and hopefully are able to support mods like DTA and TI soon.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pushed a new update today, changes:

- Workaround for WCE internal errors by forcing DetailLevel to medium (or 1), will look into some hacks to only change laser drawing in the future
- Made the MCV redeploy option actually do something
- Fix for random internal error in the loading screen
- Add support for spectators:
-- No unit spawning
-- Dead
-- Given radar map
-- Can see all stealth units (thanks CCHyper!)
-- Map reveal

Following todo:
-- AI players are passive when allied with human players in some situations, gotta look into it
-- Fix GAMERES statistics packet dumping stuff
-- Add more data fields like alliances bitfield and 'is spectator' to the statistics packet for later use by CnCNet 5 ladder.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Released a new update:

- Fixed a bunch of bugs
- Fix TS game bug where AI players who are allied will turn passive in a lot of situations.
- Added feature to place units/structures on a map for a player by spawn location.
- Dump GAMERES packets stuff into stats.dmp
- Disabled the animation that's played when the options menu is opened, cause it's pretty gay

TODO:
- Add more data fields like alliances bitfield and 'is spectator' to the statistics packet for later use by CnCNet 5 ladder.

You can now place units/structures on a map for players by spawn location. Add fake Houses spawn1 .. spawn8 to the map with FinalSun and place units on the map for those fake houses, then remove the [Houses] section of the map once you want to play your map. If you do not remove [Houses] the game will crash during map load. Playing with unit count set to zero and with bases off works.

ts-ddraw seems to work 100% with CnCNet 5 TS now, but still needs a few things fixed for normal TS.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, you guys have done an amazing job. Being able to choose your starting position is great.
No more comp-stomping with human players spawned on opposite sides of the map. Very Happy

I have one suggestion:
A checkbox to turn super weapons on or off (hunter seeker, ion-cannon, chemical missile and multi-missile)
Maybe by temporarily putting the seeker add-on and missile silo on tech level -1 in the rules.ini?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

turning SWs on/off should be possible.
The program creates a spawnmap.ini which is a copy of the map that you're about to play and it would be no problem to add new code to this ini like
add all SW Buildings and give them SuperWeapon=none
e.g.
[NAPULS]
SuperWeapon=none

[NATMPL]
SuperWeapon=none

[NAMISL]
SuperWeapon=none
SuperWeapon2=none

[GAPLUG2]
SuperWeapon=none

[GAPLUG3]
SuperWeapon=none

[GAPLUG4]
SuperWeapon=none

[GAFIRE]
SuperWeapon=none

I wouldn't advise giving the buildings/upgrades TechLevel=-1, because some of these are used as prerequisite for other stuff.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll have to talk with FunkyFr3sh, he does the client. I know it's not desirable for TS unless the tech tree is slightly altered as you need a Missile Silo for the Weed Refinery thingy. If you keep the Missile Silo buildable people won't be sure superweapons are on or off or might forget.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if SuperWeapons are toggled off then the Tiberium Waste Facility wouldn't be necessary anyway since it's only real significance is the Chemical Missile, so having the Missile Silo unbuildable would be a bad thing, IMO.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An alternative would be giving all SWs a 5 times higher load time. AIs wouldn't spam them anymore that much and human players can still use them wisely before/after an attack.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there any issues with changing the tech tree around so you can't build the super weapon buildings? I'm pretty much clueless about TS.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would indeed work as well, but i think it might confuse players a bit if things are now differently available.
It might also cause balance problems if for example the cyborg commando isn't using the temple but now the much earlier and easier available tech center as prerequisite.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty easy, yeah, but it depends on what people consider to be superweapons. Personally, I find that pretty much all specials should be considered superweapons, including the EMP Cannon, Drop Pods and Hunter Seekers (everybody hates hunterseekers, maybe even an option just to solely remove them from a standard game is also a good idea and is very easy to do*). The best thing to do really would be the following:

Code:
;(Nothing uses this as a prerequisite that isn't a superweapon other than Firestorm Mobile EMP -- See Below)
[NAPULS]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none

;(This is required to allow construction of Cyborg Commando's and Mutant Hijackers, better than changing their prerequisites to NATECH)
[NATMPL]
SuperWeapon=none

(Nothing uses this as a prerequisite that isn't a superweapon or superweapon structure)
[NAMISL]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none
SuperWeapon2=none
AIBuildThis=no

;(Nothing uses this as a prerequisite that isn't a superweapon thus there is no point it being buildable)
[GAPLUG]
TechLevel=-1
AIBuildThis=no

;(Nothing uses this as a prerequisite that isn't a superweapon thus there is no point it being buildable)
[GAPLUG2]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none

[GAPLUG3]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none

[GAPLUG4]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none

[GAFIRE]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none

The only significant Prerequisite for anything here is NAPULS, which is required to build Mobile EMP Tanks (Firestorm only), this could be rectified by changing it's prerequisite to the GDI Tech Center.

Code:
[MOBILEMP]
Prerequisite=GDIFACTORY,GATECH

Just in-case you have any interest in fixing bugs in the original TS, a while ago I released an unofficial patch for Tiberian Sun called the UMP. It fixes most known bugs that can be rectified in the INI's. Link.

* To remove Hunter Seekers, the following code is enough.

Code:
[NATMPL]
SuperWeapon=none

[GAPLUG2]
TechLevel=-1
SuperWeapon=none

Last edited by Aro on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iran, just copt RA2s shell option.  Its silly to have people mess around there files doe something that can be done with a simple feature.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How would I copy the feature?

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon