Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Destroy Buildings by animations
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
hlidskialf
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:  Destroy Buildings by animations Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Guys,

is it possible to destroy buidlings by animations with a delay, so the building destroys itself after a short time and not instant? My intention is, to give the AI a little "eco-boost" by building a structure with a negative cost value. The building has strength=1 and the animation inflicts damage=1. More HP are no option, cause then the building would have more damagestages.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Setting the ActiveAnim to not loop and giving it the killing anim as Next should work.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I though that you want to make a building die from fire. Like the terran buildings from Starcraft.

When they get too damaged a particle system goes and they start to take like 2 damage per second.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
hlidskialf
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion: how can I set it not to loop? With next animation u mean the "next"-flag I guess?!

@Pillbox: No I want only a "dummy building" which gives the AI some credits and destroys itself after a short time, so the AI build it again.

hlidskialf
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found a solution:

I gave the building an active animation
[CSHBLDNG]
ActiveAnim=GOODBY

[GOODBY]
; Damage=1
Image=EMPTYANIM
LoopCount=30
LoopEnd=8
LoopStart=0
Next=KILLURSELF

and after it runs the animation 30 times, the next "kill-animation" runs:

[KILLURSELF]
Damage=1

I have only one more problem with this solution: when the fake building gets destroyed, it leaves sometimes a scorch and a little fire behind it. Is it possible that it disappears "silent" and without a fire?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, that was what I meant, albeit in a less loopy way, I thought small delay is already fine for you, like what a 10-frame dummy SHP anim would give.

Remove Explosion from your building (or Scorch/Crater from the anims it has listed there).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not possible to destroy it completely silent.
The [AudioVisual] key OnFire prevents that. This is used for the fire on damaged and even if the 1 hitpoint building is instantly destroyed, it still goes through yellow and red health and thus spawns 2 times randomly one of the OnFire flames.

You would have to remove the building flames from OnFire completely so you can destroy it silent.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

hlidskialf
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to know that.
Thank you guys for your help! =)

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wouldn't it work, if you would just clone pavement, give it a different tile to place (like grass)? Or maybe an overlay like scorches/...?
Another idea would be to clone some of his buildings and give these a FreeUnit with Movementtype 'Winged' [can be anything non-existing for that matter] and a positiv cost. Once spawned, it will be sold instantly, returning the money.
Or you could change the Cost= key in the AI's section.
Or simply clone some buildings and give these negative cost (though it will be built instantly then).

There are a wide range of possibilites ... #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon