Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to add skirmish colours/colors?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zacky2Wacky
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject:  How to add skirmish colours/colors? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but have been playing Tiberian Sun (aswell as the entire C&C series since they all came out many years ago).

I have recently started playing again out of boredom (and looking for work) and the biggest thing I'd love to learn how to do is add new skirmish colours such as the light green and grey that are in the story missions that the mutant faction are commonly used as.

I know basics about modding but nothing too technical so go easy on me please haha.

Thanks to anyone in advance to whoever can help me.

Zack.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if PPM has this tutorial, but there's a topic on Tiberiumweb that covered a lot of the "easier" game.exe edits.
One of the docs on that page will lead you to how to do it. Basically, you search for the color hex number and replace it with another.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On colors:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35605

Usually mission maps define new houses which have different colors, that is not done in skirmish maps.
If it is civilian colors (used for Neutral and Special/Mutant sides), then you can change the values of
LightGrey in rules.ini file itself. But that will affect cameo text as well as queued count on sidebar icons.

Hex editing is only for the game drop down to show 8 player colors matching to the colors given
in rules.ini [Colors] section.

Last edited by E1 Elite on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically, you cannot add extra colors in TS. You can only replace existing ones, and that's done by editing Rules.ini - see the link E1 Elite posted above.

By changing the color in Rules.ini, you change the ingame color. If you also want to edit the drop-down menu where you select your colors, you'll need to edit Language.dll and Game.exe.

You pretty much picked one of the least simple things to attempt first #Tongue

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use more colors with the spawner. Wink

Don't really have any idea how the list of colors under [Colors] is translated into color indexes though

Zacky2Wacky
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all of the replies. I have found a work around but it does not include every colour I am after (picky one, I know!).

I found online a Color/Colour Mod (simply searched Tiberian Sun Color Mod) and it came up. It adds about 27 new colours or so to pick from and they are great - the greys, reds, blues and even black and white. All sorts really.

It sounds funny but I'd love to know how it works and how I can do it myself as I would like to have my own custom colours in-game, not just a simple text on the skirmish menu. Smile Thanks again.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I searched, it led to color patch which is a trainer that extends the dropdown set of colors when
the game runs. That needs game.exe hacking skills.

In rules.ini [Colors] section, you can change the name and color values to your liking. The link
provided in my last post specifies some constraints in doing so for TS.

Can also explore the 256-color palettes that the game uses for most part and tools like OS Palette Editor
available at left panel on the main page of ppm.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Manually editing the remapable colors of a palette with OS Palette Editor will not affect the game at all.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've played with the colorpatch before, years ago on XWIS.
Whenever I tried to use it, players would complain about it, since some of the colors are redundant/similar, and it might be hard to discern the different teams.
Some even rumored that it lags the game, but that's probably heresay from people who don't like the patch

The Team Black Index

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tried it a few times as well when I still used to frequent WOL or XWIS (can't remember which one) and I really doubt it causes disconnects. The only issue I remember is that the colors with uneven numbers made your stuff visible through shroud.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah I remember that, now that you mention it

The Team Black Index

Zacky2Wacky
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed that playing as Grey teams, I could see Nod Walls in the shroud.

So put simply, it's a no-go as far as 'easy modding' goes?

Shame but oh well. Thanks guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon