Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Questions.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:  Questions.
Subject description: GDI Component Towers, Nod Advanced PP AI and Subterranean travelling.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heyo.

1. Is there a guide or any resources on how to make buildable and fully upgraded component towers from the get go. As in, no need to upgrade them, just build their finished form. Also, will the AI build them if you apply this change?

2. My overall goal is to reduce the clutter with all the unnecessary buildings and I wanted to make the default nod PP stronger (500 cost and 200 power) while removing the advanced PP entirely. In my testing with Nod's Advanced Power Plant I couldn't get the AI to stop building them, despite it being at techlevel=-1 and AIbuildsthis=no. Is it possible to accomplish this and if so, how?

3. I tried to make the SAPC move faster while underground, but tampering with the TunnelSpeed= tag only changes the speed at which it digs down, not the actual travel speed. Is it possible to change this?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. check out TI's rules.ini how this was done. some extensive editing is necessary to make the AI build defenses again.

2. see in [AI] section the key BuildPower= in rules.ini.

3. Isn't this bound to the Speed key of the unit?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3. is, as far as I know, globally set to a specific speed. Maybe even hardcoded

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, cool.

LKO: When you say "extensive editing" does that only mean editing within rules.ini or do I also have to go and change the AI in ai.ini?

And yeah, Nordos seems to be correct.
Changing the speed of the SAPC only changes the speed at which it travels above ground, not below it. There seems to be a global speed that both the SAPC and the Devil's Tongue travels at when below ground, regardless of speed parameters.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elite_Pirate wrote:
LKO: When you say "extensive editing" does that only mean editing within rules.ini or do I also have to go and change the AI in ai.ini?

No, the AI's building construction controls are all in Rules.ini. AI.ini controls how the AI builds units.

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's three more questions:

Can you modify the cloaking speed of the Stealth Generator field? Normal cloaked units have the CloakingSpeed= key for this.

With the VulcanTower weapon, it makes the ground light up slightly. Codewise, what's the source of this light?

I tried using some anims from TI as testing in my private mod and they come out orange-ish when they appear red in TI. Is this because of a custom palette in TI or something else?

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it must be the custom palettes.

I highly doubt that LKO and Aro would keep using TS's old palettes.
Bunch of palette junkies. #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Questions. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elite_Pirate wrote:
Heyo.

1. Is there a guide or any resources on how to make buildable and fully upgraded component towers from the get go. As in, no need to upgrade them, just build their finished form. Also, will the AI build them if you apply this change?

2. My overall goal is to reduce the clutter with all the unnecessary buildings and I wanted to make the default nod PP stronger (500 cost and 200 power) while removing the advanced PP entirely. In my testing with Nod's Advanced Power Plant I couldn't get the AI to stop building them, despite it being at techlevel=-1 and AIbuildsthis=no. Is it possible to accomplish this and if so, how?

3. I tried to make the SAPC move faster while underground, but tampering with the TunnelSpeed= tag only changes the speed at which it digs down, not the actual travel speed. Is it possible to change this?

1. Make Dummy AI Single Role Versions of the Component Towers to be used by the AI (I.E: GAVULC or something which looks like the Component tower but with the Vulcan Cannons already added in.)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TI has remade anim.pal to fix the junk shades on the first half, yes. It's Apollo's work, btw.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion: If I were to change TS' original anim.pal to that of TI, would that change a lot of the existing art in TS?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every explosion, some projectiles and several building animations use anim.pal. So yes, a lot would be changed.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon