Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
No manual download link for PB5.036?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject:  No manual download link for PB5.036? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will be updating the main download links for people who have a similar problem to you, I am surprised how common the problem is. I will not be updating the link for builds with minor changes like PB5.036 that only edits 3MB worth of files.

I will do a new manual download thread for the smaller patches soon though, don't worry.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda ironic, the launcher was made for convenient patching than manual labor but we always have those without internet requiring more work to issue manual patches seemingly :/

Oh well, assuming everyone has internet or launcher works without a fail is too much to assume is sure evident Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Oh well, assuming everyone has internet or launcher works without a fail is too much to assume is sure evident Smile

If you actually have the Client fail on updating, I'd love to have the launcher.log for checking what's the issue.

So far I've only seen posts like in this topic, "I play TI on a PC which doesn't have an Internet connection", which doesn't tell about a problem in the Client.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I will be updating the main download links for people who have a similar problem to you, I am surprised how common the problem is. I will not be updating the link for builds with minor changes like PB5.036 that only edits 3MB worth of files.

I will do a new manual download thread for the smaller patches soon though, don't worry.

What? It's 55 MB.
I missed a few updates and got stuck again somewhere, idk which update is the culprit.

This forum does not accept .log files, so I copied/pasted it to a .txt.

Launcher.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Launcher.txt
 Filesize:  80.01 KB
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not 55MB, if you haven't updated for a while then build-ups of earlier updates would could the increase in file size. The jump from PB5.035 to PB5.036 would have only been about 3 or 4MB.

Re-Download Twisted Insurrection from any of the official download topics for the PB5.036 update if you're stuck.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are the other download links updated?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It worked. Thanks!

I had to retry once for the 3MB update though, showing that even the smallest updates have a chance to fail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum