Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Recent Bug/Graphical Issue
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
triggahappy64
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject:  Recent Bug/Graphical Issue
Subject description: Recently, TI started randomly becoming glitchy.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

Just within the past few days, Twisted Insurrection (and Dawn of the Tiberian Age, for that matter) became extremely glitchy.  When I have the renderer on default, scrolling left, right, and down using the edge of the map slows down the whole game and causes some graphical glitches while I'm scrolling.  Scrolling up is normal.  Holding the right mouse button and scrolling doesn't affect the game speed, though.  The pointer also flickers as I move it, and the options menu is invisible.  I need to click around until I find a button, and then hold it down and drag off of it so that I don't go into Load Mission, etc.  This makes the options menu appear, but it's still always like a step behind from what I click.  Once I click Quit game, for example, everything goes invisible again, and I have to search for the Abort button.  Really not sure what has caused this because it was working fine a week ago with absolutely no problems.

I have Windows 7 64-bit as well, figured I should mention that.  I read about the renderers before and that Default should be what you use with Windows 7.  Regardless I tried both the IE-DDRAW and TS-DDRAW.  They both seem to run the game fine as far as speed goes, but the options menu either crashes in game when I click a button, or else it takes ~1 minute to resume the game/save/exit, etc.

It's very strange, because I don't believe I changed anything within the past few days, or updated my graphics driver, etc.  Anyone know what may be going on or what I might be able to try to fix it?

Thanks,
TrIggA

triggahappy64
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'm assuming no one's had this problem?  Lots of views but no replies...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea. Never heard of this before. I would try changing back buffer into video memory with TS-DDRAW.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS-DDRAW is known to cause invisible and lagging menus, but I haven't heard about Default having that issue before.

triggahappy64
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting... Thanks for the input though.

TS-DDRAW still causes me to crash when saving/resuming the game sometimes sadly, even with back buffer into video memory.  I'll try reinstalling and see what else I can mess with.

triggahappy64
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tried redownloading and putting it in a new directory, no change.  I don't think I'm going to figure it out :/

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
TS-DDRAW is known to cause invisible and lagging menus, but I haven't heard about Default having that issue before.

Default RA2 has that issue, I've also heard of default TS having the same.

triggahappy64
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried playing regular Tiberian Sun just to see if it was the engine itself, but TS plays fine.

It just sucks because it was working and I have no idea how it could have just screwed up, I didn't change anything with my graphics or drivers.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case, the Default renderer should work (since that's what vanilla TS uses, along with video memory back buffer enabled). DTA and TI don't contain changes to the game's graphical engine so that they'd logically cause this issue.

triggahappy64
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I thought, so now I really don't know what's going on with it.  It sucks :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum