Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Mod of the Year 2014: Tiberium Essence is 9th place!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject:  Mod of the Year 2014: Tiberium Essence is 9th place!
Subject description: Our tiberium vision says that Tiberium Essence will get a better ranking next year.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ModDB.com's Mod Of The Year Awards had its results revealed today and this year of 2014 was special for us from PPM. The reason is that, for the first time, some of our mods were awarded in this event. First of all, Twisted Insurrection received a Community Award from the editors. And now... guess what? We have a mod at the top 10, chosen by the players. And this mod is Tiberium Essence, who has reached a nice 9th position there, from the top 10 revealed today:

Quote:
Tiberium Essence
"always evolving, C&C at it's finest"

Offering an alternative gameplay to Tiberian Wars involving many Tiberian Sun units which many CnC fans (like me) missing in vanilla CNC3 and add even new my made units which you can't find anywhere else.

Story is quite the same like Tiberian Wars, but is all about what if GDI and Nod do not abandon technologies they have used in Tiberian Sun era and instead of that further developed them. But it's not only that, there are many visual, sound and balance changes which I want to see and hear in my mod, new sounds, new music, new effects (like blood and gore, new infantry deaths, new more realistic missile trails) and many more. Read more...

And regarding Tiberium Essence, Carnius has announced that version 2.0 will include the Forgotten faction. Check some of the screenshots from the mod that were posted at its ModDB profile for more details.

Quote:
Yes it´s true, mutants as playable faction - The Forgotten will happen in Tiberium Essence.
I know it is been a long time since last update, but to be honest I was not sure what to do with TE after that. After many thinking and testing different things I have come to decision that Forgotten as playable faction is way to go. The process that lead to this point was also slow and uncertain to the last moment and its not quite finished yet, but at least I have finally something to show you.
Also there was some ups and downs, things happened that I can´t talk about, so it was not easy to keep it going this year.

Anyway rest assured mod is alive and it's going to be bigger.

I have a lot to show you so there will be more updates soon this is just beginning.

Also if you like it so far, vote for mod in annual moddb awards.

Thank you for your support and see you soon.

Carnius

And, finally, for those who are curious about the rest of the top 10, here we go:

And the top 10 indie games were also revealed.

Once again, congrats to Carnius, author of Tiberium Essence for the well deserved recognition for his work.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See? It's not all bad. Wink Good work, Carnius! We are happy that you made it in. Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work! definitely my favorite C&C3 mod

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, the first place mod has only 700 watchers, while TE has 2,600. STALKER: Lost Alpha isn't far from 4000 watchers. I guess guest votes are more powerful than ModDB says they are. Or there's something fishy going on, as the comments and reviews on the winning mod's profile (and on the official MOTY awards news post) are saying Confused

Congratz, I played some ~100 hours of TE back in 2010-2011 and I really liked it back then. It's a well deserved 9th place.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer has 100,000+ followers on Facebook though, all it would take is a single post saying "please vote" for them to rake in huge numbers. I can see how it looks suspicious, but their fan base numbers are fucking massive all around the web, just not particularly on ModDB. The Euro Truck Simulator 2 community is much bigger than you may think too, I may have played it once... or twice... or three times... You'd be very surprised.

So yeah, I don't think there is cheating or rigging (no pun intended) of any kind here, it just so happened that most of their fans don't have accounts on ModDB and chose to cast a vote anyway. If that is considered cheating, then ban Black Mesa Source from ever entering again too.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, in that case it makes sense.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer has 100,000+ followers on Facebook though, all it would take is a single post saying "please vote" for them to rake in huge numbers. I can see how it looks suspicious, but their fan base numbers are fucking massive all around the web, just not particularly on ModDB. The Euro Truck Simulator 2 community is much bigger than you may think too, I may have played it once... or twice... or three times... You'd be very surprised.

So yeah, I don't think there is cheating or rigging (no pun intended) of any kind here, it just so happened that most of their fans don't have accounts on ModDB and chose to cast a vote anyway. If that is considered cheating, then ban Black Mesa Source from ever entering again too.

I didn't realize this. I found it indeed suspicious how this rather unknown mod suddenly takes top spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!