Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Adamstrange's Modding Questions ?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject:  Adamstrange's Modding Questions ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have enabled the second Nod factory and from what I see about is that it cost more and does not give you a Harvester.

How do I set this building so that when built it gives you 2 or 3 Harvesters ?

Last edited by adamstrange on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. there is no adv. Nod Factory. No clue which building you mean. Tell the ID of the building e.g. [NAWEAP] if you don't know the correct name, which stands behing Name= btw.
2. it is entirely impossible to let one building give more than one FreeUnit

You can also continue one of your dozen other topics with only 1 or 2 posts. For such small questions it is not necessary to create a new topic each time.
One topic with "adam's strange modding questions" would be enough Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok that sounds cool.

Is there a way that I can move this thread and create exactly what you suggested ?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just rename the thread with the edit function.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Invisible New Harvester ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
1. there is no adv. Nod Factory. No clue which building you mean. Tell the ID of the building e.g. [NAWEAP]

The building is DPREFN but I enabled it and I meant to say Refinery not factory and also gave it the FREEUNIT=NHARVA

I made a copy of the Nod harvester and added it to the game along with enabling a second Nod refinery DPREFN that's in the game.

When the factory is built the unit comes out but its invisible, even though I added it to the Art.ini and using the same image an the original.

The original harvester is NHARV and my new unit is NHARVA

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ofc it is invisible. There doesn't exist a .shp /.vxl with the name NHARVA.
Just give it
IMAGE=NHARV
in the rules.ini and all should be fine. (as in, it will use the same art.ini entry as the original harv)

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Drop Pods Infantry ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Nordos

I have the enabled the drop pods for the Nod to drop 16 pods but how or where do I find which troops can go into them ?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Droppod superweapon takes hardcoded infantry values of E1 and E2 from game.exe (Game.dat in case of TI).
Search for ChemLauncher in the exe/dat file, E2 and E1 entries are there a few bytes away. Those entries can
be replaced too. Because of hardcoding, ownership becomes irrelevant in this case.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DPREFN is no adv. factory and also no second refinery. It's the deployed refinery. (you know a ref can be undeployed after being build, to then move mobile around and deploy again)
This was made so only the first build refinery gives a harvester.
If now the refinery undeploys and deploys again, it deploys into DPREFN, which doesn't give a FreeUnit.

NAREFN->undeploy->MOREFN->deploy->DPREFN
NAREFN is build as building from sidemenu
MOREFN is the mobile refinery unit
DPREFN the refinery when deployed again.

If it would deploy into the original refinery again, people could abuse this to constantly deploy/undeploy the refinery to get harvester for free each time.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: DrodShip Carryall ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enabled the Drop Ship to be built and added the CarryAll=yes code to it so that it can carry both troops and units but when I try to assign units to it, it won't accept them, just the troops.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS engine has no internal vehicle transport logic
Carryall means, you select the aircraft, then click on a vehicle. The aircraft will land on top of the vehicle and attach it under its body. Then "carry" the vehicle under its body around till it lands again.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Bug Factory ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since Globotech is not a playable faction unless certain buildings are captured, I started to add certain units from their arsenal to both sides and make them buildable.

While doing this I then gave the Nod the ability to build the Scarab, Tremor and Mantis units from the mutant factory and named it the Inzect Lab.

But what happens is other units can also be built from this lab like tanks.

Is there a way to set up this factory so that only the bugs are built here and set up the same way as the barracks so that I can built ground units from the war factory, soldiers from the barracks and bugs from the bug lab at the same time since the game already does this with troops and ground units as well as air units at the same time ?

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the Cyborgs. They are done the same way.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game is not showing me the factory but I will try to figure it out and if in the next 2 or 3 days I can't find a solution then I will ask you for help.

Will there ever be an update to TI so that the Nod will have a MCV that matches the look of their side as well as their own Service Bay ?

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: GAS BOMB ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to make a bomb that when its dropped it mutate all troops within a radius inti vicroids.

I looked at the ioncannon file that does this but nothing works.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Side specific MCVs and Conyards will probably come when BuildConst and BaseUnit are made for more than one side probably, supposedly the former was already fixed to some degree by Hyper but I haven't heard anything since and BaseUnit still only takes 1 unit. At least that's what I figure anyhow.

The Nod Service depot will probably come in due time whenever the team gets it made.

As for a visceroid mutator, look at how the infector is set up.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Side specific MCVs and Conyards will probably come when BuildConst and BaseUnit are made for more than one side probably, supposedly the former was already fixed to some degree by Hyper but I haven't heard anything since and BaseUnit still only takes 1 unit. At least that's what I figure anyhow.

I know you've played DTA, so you should already know that there's no need to wait for that Razz (and it's probably also pointless to do so).
The voxelers/3D modellers just need time to create them and Aro needs to find the time to implement all necessary coding work-arounds to get the separate MCVs/ConYards working.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Leaving Residue Tiberium ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a way to setup a Harvester so that when its destroyed, it leaves a patch of Tiberium ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are several ways
-use rules.ini voxel debris with IsTiberium=true like METEOR02 and use it on the units DebrisTypes= key
-use tiberium spawning art.ini debris as traileranim on a custom explosion anim
-give it TiberiumHeal=yes in rules.ini
-play around with the keys and find another/different technique

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok thanks I will give it a try.

Now for the gasbomb that I'm working on.

Quote:
As for a visceroid mutator, look at how the infector is set up

I tried Damage=0 and the troops just stand there when they get hit and if I increase the damage Damage=100 it just kills them but they don't mutate.

I created a new warhead

I've tried this for hours but nothing happens.

Code:
[NODCANN]
Name=NOD CHEM Artillery
Image=CCANN
Prerequisite=NATECH
TechLevel=10
Strength=1500
Points=25
Cost=2200
Power=-200
Powered=yes
Armor=heavy
Sight=10
Owner=NOD
Capturable=yes
Explosion=TWLT070D,BANG48D,BRNL58D,CLSN58D,TUMU60D,EXP02AD,EXP03AD,EXP04AD
MaxDebris=2
Adjacent=2
Crewed=no
Primary=NodChemCannonE
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER
EliteAbilities=FIREPOWER,ROF
Insignificant=yes
FireAngle=35
ROT=5
Turret=yes
TurretAnim=CCANN_A
TurretAnimIsVoxel=false
TurretAnimX=0
TurretAnimY=0
TurretAnimZAdjust=-30
BarrelAnimIsVoxel=no
ThreatPosed=30
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=0,0,125
TogglePower=yes
HasStupidGuardMode=false
Nominal=yes
BaseNormal=no
BuildLimit=2
AIBuildThis=yes

[NodChemCannonE]
Damage=0
ROF=200
Range=200
MinimumRange=18
Projectile=BallisticA
Speed=12
Warhead=MutateWH500
Report=CANFIRE
Anim=MZZLA_N,MZZLA_NE,MZZLA_E,MZZLA_SE,MZZLA_S,MZZLA_SW,MZZLA_W,MZZLA_NW

[MutateWH500]
Spread=150
Verses=100%,5%,5%,5%,0%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys   ;do always 25 points of mutation damage
AnimList=MUTIN300   ;0-375 random points of mutation damage
ProneDamage=50%

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not the damage of the weapon that mutates infantry,
but the damage done by the particle system on the warhead.
Look at the comments.

When you set Damage=0, the warhead is not used at all.
You have to set at least 1, so the particlesystem and the random mutation damage done via the animation are done.

adamstrange wrote:
[MutateWH500]
Spread=150
Verses=100%,5%,5%,5%,0%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys ;do always 25 points of mutation damage
AnimList=MUTIN300 ;0-375 random points of mutation damage
ProneDamage=50%[/code]

duplicate MutateSys and raise the damage on this duplicate to raise mutation damage.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no value setting on Particle=MutateSys

What I don't understand is that it sez do always 25 points of mutation damage but where do you find the setting to give the MutateSys more damage points ?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh boy, are we glad you are not actual TI developer as you make simplest things hard by simply not looking enough into the coding before you fire up the almighty question line up.

Hint, look at the sub particle to find damage and don't make us spell it out for you literally plz.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
look at the sub particle to find damage

I did a search for sub particle in the ART & RULES but there is nothing found.

I did try make a new particle MutateVirusSys.

[MutateWH500]
Spread=150
Verses=100%,5%,5%,5%,0%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateVirusSys ;do always 75 points of mutation damage
AnimList=MUTIN500 ;0-375 random points of mutation damage
ProneDamage=50%

And put this in the art.ini but it still not work.

;spawns creates 0-30 debris with each debris doing a small amount of mutation dmaage
[MUTIN500]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0
Damage=10
DamageRadius=100
Spawns=MUTATVIRADMG
SpawnCount=30
Warhead=SA
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
DetailLevel=5
RandomRate=220,500
Bouncer=yes

;this one does the mutation damage via the warhead which creates for this the particlesystem with gas damage
[MUTATVIRADMG]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0
ExpireAnim=TSRAILG ;with none warhead is ignored
Damage=5 ;with 0 warhead is ignored
DamageRadius=100
Warhead=MutationWH
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
RandomRate=220,600
DetailLevel=0
Bouncer=yes

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MutateSys is a ParticleSystem and stands in rules.ini. ctrl+f and searching for "MutateSys" helps.

MUTIN300 is an animation and stands in art.ini (Animation != ParticleSystem)
This animation is using the MutateWH, which in turn uses MutateSys.

Simply writing Particle=MutateVirusSys and then having nowhere the ParticleSystem MutateVirusSys defined, can't work.

If you would have read the comments, you would've also noticed that using the MUTIN300 animation is not necessary at all.
-the PS does 25 Mutation damage
-anim adds random amount 0-375 Mutation damage (see the random factor. you don't want random, then don't use this)
So if this is too complicated for you, you should first start with something simple like the also included MutationWH.

Code:
[MutationWH]
Spread=0
Verses=50%,5%,5%,5%,1%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys   ;do 25 mutation damage
ProneDamage=25%

See, no animation, but still doing 25 mutation damage.
clone it, and change the damage.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still not working.

I attached this to a laser turret so that it acts lick the infector but it just kills them without any mutation.

Code:
[ToxingVirusBeam]
Damage=55
ROF=55
Range=35
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=MutateWH200
Report=SILENCER
UseSparkParticles=yes
AttachedParticleSystem=GreenLaserSys

[MutateWH200]
Spread=200
Verses=100%,5%,5%,5%,1%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys   ;do 25 mutation damage
ProneDamage=50%

I gave it a big spread to see if it would infect other troops.

I really want to have a bomb that when dropped infects troops within a certain radius and mutates them.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because they are not killed by the mutation damage on the PS, but from your 55 damage on the weapon.

Do the math.
-85 hitpoints on a basic infantry
-55 damage by the weapon done, then 25 by the PS
-infantry down to 5 hitpoints after 1 shot
-next shot another 55 damage by the weapon, which kills the infantry. the 25 mutation damage can't kill it, thus no visceroid.

Everything to make this work was explained to you. Now use the knowledge.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[ToxingVirusBeam]
Damage=1

Ok I set the damage to 1

[MutateWH200]
Spread=200
Verses=100%,5%,5%,5%,1%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys   ;do 100 mutation damage
ProneDamage=50%

I changed the mutatesys damage to 100

The beam hits the troops several times and then just kills them, they won't mutate.

If I set the weapon damage to 0 it does nothing

I even set the InfDeath=1 to InfDeath=0 and nothing happens.

I'm reading what your telling me in your last post but something is not working.

If infantry take 85 HP  and MutateSys does 25 HP of mutate damage then 4 hits from the beam should mutate them since the weapon damage is set to 1.

How do I make the weapon produce 100 mutation on the first hit ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum