Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Map problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:  Map problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys, i'm having a trouble when playing my map.

I made 3 waves of invasion, the result is this:

-Wave 1 Arrival: 30 FPS (Normal)
-Wave 2 Arrival: 15 FPS (Not normal)
-Wave 3 Arrival: 1-5 FPS (Terrible)

I made the member of taskforces less, but it still same. And after finishing Wave 3, it still lagging. Sad

Any solution for this?

(make me not enjoyed to play my own map for a moment)

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As someone who has made many survival maps, I can see your lacking some information which could help us.

How many units are in your waves?

More units on screen is more cpu processing which means lower fps.

Type of reinforcement trigger?

Some triggers like chrono in cause slow down.

Are your triggers made correctly?

improper trigger creation can lead to slow downs if you set a repeating trigger with virtually no elapse time.

Is there choke points?

Pathfinding can cause super amounts of lag!

What locamotors are units using?

Hover units and stealth units, and flying units can potentially use more cpu and ram.

How fast is you computer?

RA2 is an old game, but it still requires a good one to do any kind of survival maps, even with patches. Also keep in mind ra2 is no a multi threaded application and can only use one core, so your only as fast as your fastest core.

Are you using any patches, like ares?

Patches like ares help reduce and fix inherent problems in the games original code. Reducing lag and memory errors and make the game run more efficiently, and remove some memory leaks.

Did you intend to upload the map maybe?

Having someone else look it over and maybe play it may help you.

Anyways no one is gonna be able to help you unless you provide better information.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Is there choke points?

The problem was solved by AlexB for thousands teamtypes bug. But AlexB told me too that pathfinding is one of my problem. How to fix it?

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Is there choke points?

The problem was solved by AlexB for thousands teamtypes bug. But AlexB told me too that pathfinding is one of my problem. How to fix it?

Biggest cause of path finding errors is choke points, namely narrow places in the map enemy waves have to go through. Think of it like this, the game ai recalculate its path each and every time time the units coming to your base need to change directions, going around a building walking over a narrow bridge etc. This results in not point a to b but points a to be to c to d etc. this causes the game to slow down. try this experiment, put your waves on a 100% flat map with no obstructions or hindrances between the enemy and you, and you will literally see the difference. if you don't, pathfinding is not te source of your lag.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Biggest cause of path finding errors is choke points, namely narrow places in the map enemy waves have to go through. Think of it like this, the game ai recalculate its path each and every time time the units coming to your base need to change directions, going around a building walking over a narrow bridge etc. This results in not point a to b but points a to be to c to d etc. this causes the game to slow down. try this experiment, put your waves on a 100% flat map with no obstructions or hindrances between the enemy and you, and you will literally see the difference. if you don't, pathfinding is not te source of your lag.

Pathfinding isn't the source of the lag, it was AI problem. Oh, and i got this error while fixing bugs

debug.log
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  debug.log
 Filesize:  70.29 KB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And then... he uploads a debug.log. A debug.log.

But he's pissed if I call him incompetent.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon