Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM is moving to ppmforums.com in the next minutes.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:  PPM is moving to ppmforums.com in the next minutes.
Subject description: Attention: we may have problems with forum attachments and cookies
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello ladies and gentlemen. As we've announced in this post, we've started an operation yesterday to officially move PPM Forums to PPMForums.com. The idea is to reduce the amount of error 503s that we get here.

Yesterday we've created a new account for it and copied all forum files, except for the complicated forum attachments. In about 30 minutes after this post is done, we'll officially change the forum settings to make this ppmforums.com address become the official one.

It is possible that once it happens, the forum attachments might become temporarily unaccessible and there might be potential login problems (you might be forced to login again). We'll work in the best way possible to make this transition as sweet as possible, but we do already apologize the inconvenience. We will not close the forums during this operation, since it doesn't seem to be necessary.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The transition has started and the forums should now be using ppmforums.com as default.

I'm gonna try to solve the attachment problems now.

Basically, old attachments needs to be copied to ppmforums.com while the new attachments will not show up on ppmsite.com/forum/. I'll start to copy these attachments in the next minutes.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I've noticed that quick reply logs people out, while if you press the reply button and go through the posting window, things seem to work fine. So, I'm trying to fix the quick reply issue first.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I've done a terrible workaround that seems to fix the attachment trouble. It actually tricks it. If the attachment isn't in one subdomain, it should force the other... at least it should be our temporary solution for now. I haven't tested attachments in PMs.

The issue with the cookies which affects quick reply at ppmforums.com is quite harder, since I can't save cookies in different domains using php. I'll have to figure out a way to make the user load an image to set cookies in other domains without affecting the site security. Any ideas?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a test of quick reply in the ppmforums.com.

Update: Quick reply now works on ppmforums.com. Note that the cookie issue is not fixed. I've just made another workaround that fixed this specific issue. Anyway, I'm testing quick edit now.

Update 2: And quick edit works correctly as well at ppmforums.com.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Cookies are working at ppmforums.com, but they are not synchronized with the other domain yet.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Via ppmsite.com/forum attachments work fine, but via ppmforums.com they do not (it gives me a not found message).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for reporting this problem. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

LKO has also reported to me a couple of issues with broken avatars/smilies and that he is having problems with the reply from ppmforums.com (which works perfeclty here).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: : I've fixed the smilies, the attachments (download.php) problem and I've reuploaded the avatars, although people may have problems if they upload their avatar to one place (the other place won't have that avatar until I upload it #Tongue).

LKO's problem with the reply will be harder to fix.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say on my own behalf,thank you, sir.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every time I use the "Find latest posts" on the main page I get no results.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy, the cookies between the main page domain and ppmforums.com are not synchronized yet. I'm still researching a solution for it. I already know how to do it, but it doesn't seem to be enough safe to go public.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posting keeps breaking, I keep getting an error

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is acknowledged (it was reported by LKO and I've mentioned it few post above) and it is being investigated already.

At the moment, there is an alternative that works: Use quick reply and then, edit your post.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw the post about LKO reporting reply issue, wasn't sure if it was the same one. Disregard then Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

success

Posting works Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the LKO's reply problems fixed, my next target is to synchronize the cookies from ppmforums and ppmsite accounts. Then, I'll fix RSS export issues in the site.

If you guys find any other problem, please, report it here, PM me or email me (whatever is more convenient for you, although a public post is better, so others can also read it).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Cookie synchronization should start very soon. The idea is that cookies from both ppmsite and ppmforums domains will store the same information. I'll soon activate part of this synchronization. This change may affect your navigation, specially if you are browsing this forum through ppmsite.com/forum/.

If something goes wrong, post here or contact me through PM, email, etc...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This happened, lost styling (font, background color, etc.)

happened.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.37 KB
 Viewed:  4601 Time(s)

happened.png

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This.... is fixed (at ppmforums.com) Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Cookie synchronization has been fully activated at the PPM forums (both URLs) and website.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! ^^

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took a bit to load everything, but it seems the Last Posts Since Visit works again. Cheers Banshee Smile

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't know if this is caused by only PPM, but it seems that after those changes lately(seems like since yesterday) I have some trouble sometimes with login(might be other reason than the changes, but this started at the time when this was being done), as when I log in, it just shows me the two login fields again, rather than showing "View posts since last visit" and those. (Tried with Explorer and Chrome)
When I go to the forums it says that I am logged in, so its only on the homepage.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a rather different 'problem'.
It used to be that I was always logged in. Now, it happens quite often that I have to login once again (which isn'ta big deal), though when I log in for the first time, I am sent back to the page un-logged-in, prompting me to log me in once more.
Well, after that it always works, though

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The homepage and forum uses different cookies, because they are in different domains. I've noticed (and fixed) a problem in the code of the homepage that caused the problem Nordos has reported.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nordos wrote:
It used to be that I was always logged in. Now, it happens quite often that I have to login once again (which isn'ta big deal), though when I log in for the first time, I am sent back to the page un-logged-in, prompting me to log me in once more.

It happens to me too.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't' encountered any problems or oddities thus far.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993 wrote:
Nordos wrote:

It happens to me too.

Which browser (name and version) and OS (Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Linux?) are you using?

Update: I'll start to redirect ppmsite.com/forum scripts to ppmforums.com in the next minutes.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Forum move is almost done. The old domain (ppmsite.com/forum) now redirects to the new one for most of the scripts there.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

Which browser (name and version) and OS (Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Linux?) are you using?

The browser I'm using is Mozilla Firefox(version 37.0.1),and my OS is Windows 7.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And... is it still happening?

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I'm trying to login,it still happens.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

had it happen yesterday today, too (using Mozilla, on Windows 7)

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It happened today,when I tried to log in,but now it's OK.

Note:It happened again today.I think it's happening when opening the browser I'm using.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I'm having the issue where logging in from the PPM Home page just resets to the blank fields after submitting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!