Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Weird DDRAW issue?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jezebel
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:  Weird DDRAW issue?
Subject description: Only with Default and TS-DDRAW, though.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This issue occurs on all mods that use TS-DDRAW (DTA and this one). The game starts, but immediately slows to a crawl to what seems to be about 0.5 FPS. The game is absolutely unplayable, which is sad because it's worked on Windows 8.1 for me before.

Any ideas? I don't really want to use IE-DDRAW. Not a fan of windowed mode.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you enable windowed mode, you can also enable Borderless mode in DTA (TI will likely also get this option in a later version).
If you then set the resolution to your desktop resolution, it'll look exactly like like you're playing in full screen mode and maybe this'll give better performance for you (in combination with IE-DDRAW) than TS-DDRAW does right now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This won't help you directly, but it might be useful information for later client versions as I add compatibility fixes; what are your system specs?

Jezebel
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
This won't help you directly, but it might be useful information for later client versions as I add compatibility fixes; what are your system specs?

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

OS - Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit

Memory - 2x4096MB DDR3 RAM

Not much else. I could probably muster up a speccy if you want more detailed information or something, just ask.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's enough, thanks. I'm trying to gather information on configurations that have issues with DTA and TI, so I could automatically solve performance problems better in the future.

Jezebel
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
That's enough, thanks. I'm trying to gather information on configurations that have issues with DTA and TI, so I could automatically solve performance problems better in the future.

Awesome --- thank you!

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Try the CnCNet TS version, this one is using a different win8 fix. Maybe they can add it to their mods if it works for you

http://downloads.cncnet.org/TiberianSun_Online_Installer.exe

This is indeed worth a test. I'm still wondering which is better, the fix included in this installer or TS-DDRAW. For me TS-DDRAW works better, but apparently it's not the case for everyone.

Jezebel
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Try the CnCNet TS version, this one is using a different win8 fix. Maybe they can add it to their mods if it works for you

http://downloads.cncnet.org/TiberianSun_Online_Installer.exe

This works flawlessly. Is there a way to use this for DTA or TI?

In fact, both the Default renderer in this, as well as the "ddwrapper" work perfectly. I wish it were possible to use it in normal TS so I could play the campaign.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The next updates for both DTA and TI will contain a new compatibility fix that could solve this issue. It will be installed automatically when you start the client after updating, to activate it you'll need to go to Settings and set Renderer to Default.

Jezebel
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic, it works perfectly now! Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum