Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Odd update error
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject:  Odd update error
Subject description: The update keeps failing
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I tried to update to the newest version the updater downloads 100% but then I get an error message.[/img]
I have attached the client.log.
The pertinent information from the log is this:

"4. 8. 13:42:52.421    An exception occured during the update. Your game version could be broken; it's recommended that you attempt updating again. Message: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Calvert Wallace\My Documents\Downloads\Twisted-Insurrection-PB5.2\Twisted Insurrection PB5\TI_Launcher.exe' because it is being used by another process."

This has happened five times.

TI update error screen.PNG
 Description:
Error Message
 Filesize:  31.25 KB
 Viewed:  3687 Time(s)

TI update error screen.PNG

client.log
 Description:
The launcher's log

Download
 Filename:  client.log
 Filesize:  285.26 KB
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the TI_Launcher.exe file in your TI directory in lower case?  Confused

I'll fix the updater to not care about the case of the file though, but that seems to be your issue here.

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it is not lowercase. It is "TI_Launcher.exe" Should it be lowercase?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, TI_Launcher.exe is correct. Are you still experiencing this issue?

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I tried to update to 0.40.17 today and got the same error.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I needed run the launcher then pin the running launcher to the taskbar and then set that to run as administrator.

Last edited by Isaac_The_Madd on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ArchlordII:

Replace the DTAUpdater.dll file in <TI directory>\Resources\Binaries\ with this one: http://rampastring.cncnet.org/DTAUpdater.dll

You'll get a version mismatch dialog after starting the client, ignore it and try updating your TI then. Please report back for results.

Quote:
I needed run the launcher then pin th running launcher to the taskbar and then set that to run as administrator.

Has nothing to do with this issue and the client doesn't need admin rights unless you've got TI installed in Program Files.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it did not work for me until I did. Also AVG just deleted the launcher, so I am updating with it disabled.

Manually added TI to the exceptions now this should not happen again.

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I downloaded DTAupdater.dll promptly received a version mismatch notice. After downloading TI_Launcher.exe twice it jumped to the main menu. I clicked to check for updates and it once again downloaded TI_Launcher.exe and this time gave an error message. The launcher.log doesn't seem to show any error though.

TI update error screen #2.PNG
 Description:
Error Message
 Filesize:  17.73 KB
 Viewed:  3536 Time(s)

TI update error screen #2.PNG

launcher.log
 Description:
Launcher.log

Download
 Filename:  launcher.log
 Filesize:  1.92 MB
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Launcher.log is old and unused nowadays, you can delete it. Upload client.log instead from the session where updating failed.

(Aro: you should delete launcher.log via updateexec)

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, here it is. The problem seems to be here:

7. 8. 19:46:38.984    Initiliazing download of file TI_Launcher.exe
7. 8. 19:46:38.984    Downloading file TI_Launcher.exe
7. 8. 19:46:38.984    Enabling self-update mechanism.
7. 8. 19:46:41.562    Download of file TI_Launcher.exe finished - verifying.
7. 8. 19:46:41.562    An error occured while downloading file TI_Launcher.exe:Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Calvert Wallace\My Documents\Downloads\Twisted-Insurrection-PB5.2\Twisted Insurrection PB5\Updater\TI_Launcher.exe'.
7. 8. 19:46:41.578    Initiliazing download of file TI_Launcher.exe
7. 8. 19:46:41.578    Downloading file TI_Launcher.exe
7. 8. 19:46:41.578    Enabling self-update mechanism.
7. 8. 19:46:45.578    Download of file TI_Launcher.exe finished - verifying.
7. 8. 19:46:45.578    An error occured while downloading file TI_Launcher.exe:Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Calvert Wallace\My Documents\Downloads\Twisted-Insurrection-PB5.2\Twisted Insurrection PB5\Updater\TI_Launcher.exe'.
7. 8. 19:46:45.593    Too many retries for downloading file TI_Launcher.exe. Update halted.
7. 8. 19:46:45.593    An exception occured during the update. Your game version could be broken; it's recommended that you attempt updating again. Message: Too many retries for downloading file TI_Launcher.exe
7. 8. 19:46:45.593    Version state changed.
7. 8. 19:46:45.593    UNKNOWN
7. 8. 19:48:04.296    Exiting.

client.log
 Description:
client.log

Download
 Filesize:  484.57 KB

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, thanks. I just uploaded a new DTAUpdater.dll file, please replace it (in Resources\Binaries\) and try updating again.

http://rampastring.cncnet.org/DTAUpdater.dll

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we'll get it solved eventually Smile

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It worked! Oh joy!  Very Happy  Thanks for the help. It really wasn't that much of an inconvenience.  Smile

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here we go again! I tried to update to version 0.40.33 today and got the same old error.
The pertinent information from client.log appears to be this:

"20. 8. 16:24:47.406    Downloading files finished - copying from temporary updater directory.
20. 8. 16:24:47.484    An exception occured during the update. Your game version could be broken; it's recommended that you attempt updating again. Message: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Calvert Wallace\My Documents\Twisted Insurrection\TI_Launcher.exe' because it is being used by another process.
20. 8. 16:24:47.500    Version state changed.
20. 8. 16:24:47.500    UNKNOWN
20. 8. 16:34:44.015    Exiting."

client.log
 Description:
client.log

Download
 Filesize:  62.68 KB

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try the same DTAUpdater.dll trick again. It'll be included with the updates some time in the future.

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, it worked. Very Happy I tried to download it before I posted the error but I couldn't connect. It works now though. Odd.  Rolling Eyes

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just so you know, I got the error again while trying to update to 0.40.36 and I fixed it the same way. Confused Any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArchlordII wrote:
Just so you know, I got the error again while trying to update to 0.40.36 and I fixed it the same way. Confused Any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

The fix should be included in 0.40.36, so hopefully you won't get it anymore.

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! Thanks!   Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum