Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Darkstorm's Mod Questions Thread
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:  Darkstorm's Mod Questions Thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the description about this is extremely vague in the documentation in the client but from what I understand it's suppose to load more mixes. For some reason I have it loading the proper loading screens but the rest is all mixed up. I got GDI loading with Nod's Sidebar and speech, Nod loading with GDI's sidebar and speech, and the rest loading with Nod's sidebar but GDI's speech.

EDIT: Also, the SideOptionPrerequisites doesn't seem to be working, despite all my side names matching up.

EDIT2: Ok, also I'm trying to replicate what DTA did for the buildconst and I'm having trouble getting the AI to get going. It seems as though I need to get close for them to react or in some cases they don't do anything. It seems like the invisible structure is preventing the MCV deployment and it also appears like the player's buildconst unit doesn't deploy at all.

EDIT3: Ok, I think I've fixed the AI's issue for the most part, the only thing it doesn't do is deploy the new side-specific mcv.

EDIT4: Well now that I got this to work properly but have other issues I've renamed the thread instead of making a new one.

Last edited by Darkstorm on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been using the AI playable 3rd side from this tutorial:
http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=34943

Now ported to TS Client. The reversal of sidebars gets solved by adding
Resources -> GameOptions.ini -> [ForcedSpawnIniOptions] -> SidebarHack=Yes

For the dropdown
Resources -> GameOptions.ini -> [GameLobby] -> Sides=
You need additional side icons as well.

For additional sides, you need INI changes, assets in the additional mix files and I think I applied the sidebar
hacks from LKO's ModExe tool as well. It works for me.

As for invisible object stopping MCV deployment, try reducing the Strength of that object if it is supposed
to self destruct.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, maybe I'm having the same issue as whatever TI is having because I got that in there and it has had no effect.

As for the MCV deployment, I got it to work for the most part. The only issue is the range on it's deploying is too low but I'm pretty sure it's at its max range possible for the weapon but the AI won't deploy the MCV automatically.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a hex hack to make AI and Player starting units behaviour, look at the tutorial link, it is available in
LKO's ModExe tool also.

As far as I remember, with DTA's variation, should avoid placing start location very near the bottom edge
of the map as object enters from a height and out of the map area. For SuperJoe's variation, the opponent's
MCV should be reachable by land.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might try using that then, hopefully it'll work with the client (which is why I haven't already). Otherwise, I don't think the limitation on the DTA variation is impractical and is probably easier to get working.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok now I'm having a problem trying to get a self-repairing tank to work. The thought is to have it deploy then have a weapon animation repair it. I would've just gone with an active anim but I'd need to make a repair sparks animation since the repair weapon in the game currently just uses a particle system. Anyhow, I got it to deploy and fire the weapon, but I can't get it to actually repair. Here's the code, I omitted the tank's vehicle code since it's largely irrelevant here.

Code:

ART CODE:

[GASCAV]
Normalized=yes
Remapable=yes
Foundation=1x1
;Buildup=GATICKMK
Buildup=GASCAVMK
Height=2
NewTheater=yes
PrimaryFireFLH=0,0,100
;ExtraLight=-100

[REPR]
Image=PIFFPIFF
Damage=-500
DamageRadius=50
Normalized=yes
Surface=yes
;Report=SCAVWEAB

RULES CODE:

[GASCAV]
Name=Scavenger Tank (Repairing)
TechLevel=5
Strength=350
Points=50
Cost=800
Power=0
Armor=concrete
Primary=ScavRepair
Sight=5
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=4
UndeploysInto=SVTNK
BaseNormal=no
VoiceSelect=SVTNKSEA,SVTNKSEB,SVTNKSEC,SVTNKSED,SVTNKSEE
VoiceMove=SVTNKMOA,SVTNKMOB,SVTNKMOC,SVTNKMOD,SVTNKMOE
VoiceAttack=SVTNKATA,SVTNKATB,SVTNKATC,SVTNKATD,SVTNKATE
Crewed=yes
ROT=5
TickTank=yes
ThreatPosed=30   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
DamageSmokeOffset=500, 500, 400
Trainable=yes
TogglePower=no
EliteAbilities=SENSORS
HasStupidGuardMode=false
GuardRange=255

[ScavRepair]
Damage=0
ROF=80
Range=255
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=Super
Anim=REPR
Report=SVTNKWEAB
UseSparkParticles=yes
AttachedParticleSystem=WeldingSys

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try giving the weapon a negative damage value.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Negative Art.ini damage values don't work and thus can't heal units.
I think you're better off giving it a weapon with a very high range (255 for example) and giving it ProjectileRange=0 so that the projectile immediately explodes.
You should then be able to use negative values on weapon's damage (or warhead) instead.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
giving it a weapon with a very high range (255 for example) and giving it ProjectileRange=0 so that the projectile immediately explodes.
You should then be able to use negative values on weapon's damage (or warhead) instead.

That is what I meant.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something like this? Because that seems to have no effect. It repairs the target instead.

Code:
[ScavRepair]
Damage=-25
ROF=80
Range=255 ;4
Projectile=Invisible
ProjectileRange=0
Speed=10
Warhead=Mechanical
Report=SVTNKWEAB
UseSparkParticles=yes

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't use any projectile with Inviso=yes (this includes the "Invisible" projectile) because that key causes the projectile to ignore everything and just instantly "skip" towards its target

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Changed it to this. Same deal, oddly enough no projectile shows up.

Code:

[ScavRepair]
Damage=-25
ROF=80
Range=255 ;4
Projectile=RepairProj ;Invisible
ProjectileRange=0
Speed=1 ;00
Warhead=Mechanical
Report=SVTNKWEAB
UseSparkParticles=yes

[RepairProj]
;Inviso=yes
Image=DRAGON ;none

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ProjectileRange needs a complete coded Projectile including the key Ranged=yes

Code:

[RepairProj]
Image=DRAGON
ROT=100 ;make it homing projectile
Ranged=yes ;make ProjectileRange key work
AA=yes ;make it able to pick any target
AG=yes ;make it able to pick any target

Though imo using a weapon is a quite bad choice and i would have used an ActiveAnim that spawns via TrailerAnim an art.ini debris with negative damage. (art.ini debris can use negative damage and a certain warhead)

weapon is bad because
-if there are no enemy units and just buildings, it wont pick up any target
-Range=255 weapons cause massive lags if the building using it is disabled/shutdown
-the unit/building can't use a weapon anymore for simple attacks

And using art.ini debris with a custom warhead, you could have used welding sparks too, though i would have suggested a custom new SHP, since spark particles can cause lags as well.

using an ActiveAnim would have also allowed you to give damaged and normal state a different strong repair.
e.g.
when in red/yellow it repairs faster/slower than in green state.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The side effects sound minimal but how would I go about doing what you said since that also sounds pretty cool?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

example code

[GASCAV]
ActiveAnim=SLOWREP
ActiveAnimDamaged=FASTREP

[FASTREP]
Image=SOMEANIM ;add nice anim here, e.g. an animated repair wrench icon
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=10
LoopCount=-1
Rate=900 ;play this anim very fast
TrailerAnim=REPAIRDB
TrailerSeperation=50 ;the interval at which a repair step is done

[SLOWREP]
Image=SOMEANIM ;add nice anim here, e.g. an animated repair wrench icon
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=10
LoopCount=-1
Rate=300 ;play this anim slow
TrailerAnim=REPAIRDB
TrailerSeperation=250 ;repairs slower when in green state

;the repair debris
[REPAIRDB]
Image=CLRANIM ;dummy SHP with 10 empty frames and 1x1pixel canvas
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0 ;make it instantly hit the ground, thus hit the same unit/building
ExpireAnim=PIFF ;add your welding spark anim here
Report=GUN13 ;add a sound effect here (if not done already in ExpireAnim)
Rate=0
Bouncer=yes ;use special art.ini debris logic
Damage=-50 ;number of hitpoints to repair
Warhead=Super

rules.ini
[Animations]
xx=FASTREP
xy=SLOWREP
xz=REPAIRDB

P.S. the same way you can actually simulate a shield effect in TS
Give the building in normal state an ActiveAnim of a transparent shield bubble, which constantly repairs the building.
When in damaged state, no ActiveAnim at all, so the shield bubble vanishes and no selfrepair is done anymore.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alot, I got it working. Something I noticed though, when heavily damaged and after repairing to green, it still repairs fast. So I'll probably just have a consistent repair but I think I like this method better. Potentially it also allows the unit to repair nearby units at the same time.

There's still the matter of the sidebar hack which is still being weird but I'm glad to have gotten this in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon