Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
We are almost back....
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject:  We are almost back....
Subject description: PPM lives in death!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, commander. It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake PPM for a corpse. We are back from the downtime announced yesterday and we have also installed ReCaptcha for big downloads, registering new accounts and guest posting in the forums. So, if you wanna join the forums, you can now do it again. So does the spam bots as well, although these will be hunted to death.

Anyway, we have an 'almost' in the title of this news, because we will have another downtime. But this one will be much quicker. It should happen in a couple of hours after this news is posted. Here's the original words from Phil, network leader from Revora on this next downtime:

Quote:
Hello again,

thankfully, after 12 hours of mild anxiety, it appears the copy operation worked as planned. We’re back up and running without any data loss!
There will be one last scheduled shutdown and short downtime on March 9 at 10:00 am CET to remove the old hard drive and that should be it.

I noticed a few MySQL tables were marked as crashed, probably because our hosted did a hardware shutdown before replacing the drive. I’ve fixed those that I saw in the logs, but if there are more issues, please let me know.

Phil

Anyway, this next downtime won't affect our data. So, if things are working fine now, they'll work on the old hard disk is removed from the server. Once again, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Key Words: #News #Revora #Server #PPMForums #ReCaptcha 

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Things seem to be running nice and smoothly at the moment. Good work. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And we are fully back now Smile.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good that PPM is back online.

Though it worries me, that it's enough to crash one HDD to ruin all main C&C modding forums and lose decades of modding work.
I would have expected a lot more redundancy from a server.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The server itself has a daily backup service. And, despite that, I also do constant backups here just in case...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good to know. thanks

out of interest, how many terabytes do you need for a full PPM backup?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right now, I'm using about 67gb of my hard disk for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!