Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Flamewoman Sound
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:  Flamewoman Sound Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know red alert2  supporting ''flameguy'' feature, with ares ''flamewoman'' it's possible?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Original flameguy is just a warhead-caused death anim.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when such a warhead kills, it always plays "frameguy.shp"
it can't recognize the gender of the victim
so we need new tags Woman=yes on infantry and InfDeathAnim.Woman= for warhead, probably?

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, I don't think a player can actually clearly differentiate between a woman on fire and a man on fire at that scale.

Heck, I think if WW named the file flamedeath or something instead of flameguy, Wolfsangel wouldn't have thought it was a guy. #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if you just want the flameguy to have sounds of a woman screaming in pain while running around. In which case it does need a new entry. But if you're using a generic looping flame sound for the flameguy this isn't needed at all.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alas, we can only guess at it until he/she replies.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Or just use this? #Tongue

Many of my infantries use that scream.  Laughing

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

different infantries killed by different warhead should scream and demise differently
so there should be total mn screams and mn infdeathanims
where m = # of infantries and n = # of warheads

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why the ztype is this even a question? This goes right up there with NakedTanya=true.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess they playing Generals or Red Alert 3...

Which had audio tags or whatever for Burning,Chemical,Electrocuted,etc instead of just a single one.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this request is exemplaric of a more general principle that I agree would be useful - namely, that a warhead should cause different death animations for different victims. This can be produced already, but the applicability is limited (it doesn't work for ParticleSystems, so it would not be able to meet the request put forth in this thread) and complicated.

There are a few ways in which such a feature could be implemented in Ares - expanding the applicability of the flags Die3, Die4 and Die5, which already exist in the Art coding, but are currently only applied for Doggie/NotHuman entities, to work with any infantry, would be one way, but that would also limit us to five death animations to be called for, which is not enough to make full use of the unlimited number of DeathAnim variations allowed for by Ares. It would also place burden on the artists to model additional death frames for those hooks (or at the very least, copy-paste animation frames into infantry SHPs), which could perhaps be avoided by another method.

I think an approach which might be productive would be to allow InfDeath= on Warheads to go beyond 5, Infantry sequences to have Die# hooks beyond the vanilla 5, and allow Die# to take either a frame call (as it does now) or an animation ID. That way, each infantry art could respond differently to each InfDeath.

Of course, other places to hook the Die# animation IDs could be thought of - for example, in the object's section in the Rules. A simple approach would be to have DeathAnims form an array in which the index of the animation corresponds to an InfDeath#, but I'm not sure if that approach would maybe violate Alex' principle of not altering the "phenotype" of vanilla rulesmd settings through changes in tag functionality.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon