Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
DTA client for YR fixes win 10 issue, question too
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:  DTA client for YR fixes win 10 issue, question too Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so after downloading the new mental omega on my newer rig and merely copying the required files out of a broken installation of yuri revenge that i had lying around on my pc from my last forays in trying to get it working on win 10 (note i own 2 physical copy's of both RA2 and yuris revenge) i created dummy folders with the each installion disks contents, then downloaded all the XWIS multiplayer patch, installed them and patsed over the installation disks contents , which didn't work until mental omega and ares was installed over it. then for the new mental omega i created a new folder within the ra2 game folder and copied over mental omega 3.3 version requirements then install said new version of mental omega))

the new mental omega works fine with no problems, which has me now wondering, if i should start modding ra2 instead of the planned ts. solely based on the fact my new pc cant run any ra2 mod apart from mental omega.

is the dta client used for mental omega exclusive to that mod? the only feature i am after is being able to build a YR mod and using the same set up as mental omega in that it uses those require files

- BINKW32.dll
- BLOWFISH.dll
- gamemd.exe (patched to version 1.001)
- ra2.mix
- ra2md.mix
- language.mix
- langmd.mix

then use the dta client to load the game, as atm dta client seems way more stable in win 10 than original yuri revenge. thanks, and sorry for wall of text

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon