Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
Search [4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject:  Search [4] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map was submitted to Open Map Competition by Sk8erkid.

Map Name: Search [4]
Creator: Sk8erkid
Players: 2-4

Ratings:

Map Layout: 24%/30%
Eye Candy: 21%/30%
Playability: 16.5%/30%
Triggers: 0%/10% (no triggers)
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 61.5%

TheDvD's Position: 5th - 64%
Froggy's Position: 4th - 57%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 6th

Comments:

- TheDvD:

Map Layout: OMG, what a load of cliffs! Great stuff here.
Eye Candy: The cliffs and dirt roads are done very well. The city looks great. However, there is no use of light posts..The overall lighting is too dark to actually see the detail.
Playability: There is only a very little bit of tiberium, as explained in the story. However the top north player cannot reach any, the passage is just too close to the top of the map. If the map would've been a little bigger it would've worked, sadly the submitter did not test this. This aside, the small amount of tiberium and the great complexity of the map requires some very special gameplay that will likely work out great in online games.
Triggers: There is some trigger code in the map, but it doesn't work as the triggers aren't connected properly. The meteor trigger only works when a building is infiltrated, yet this isn't possible at all.
Overall: A would-be-great map that is not completely finished. Should be great for online play, AI doesn't work out so well.

-Froggy:

-small terrain errors
-tiberium way too far from bases
-nice detailed cliffs
-lots of trees and grass
-can't travel to corners
-no tiberium lighting
-water nicely done in contrast to terrain
-terrain narrow and hard to navigate
-bases can't touch each other w/o air support (they are seperated by terrain)

Creator's comment when submitting the map:

- My submission.. Sk8erkid

Search [4].mpr
 Description:
Search [4] - download here!

Download
 Filename:  Search [4].mpr
 Filesize:  296.14 KB
 Downloaded:  906 Time(s)

Last edited by Banshee on Fri May 07, 2004 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah this is a good way to reveal the results! I'll make a news post about it on Tumsun.

Kudo's to Banshee and ofcourse congrats to Sk8terkid for reaching this position!

p.s. remember that without triggers, this map would've scored around 70%

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wish i would have judged now lol

I could write alot about this map, but i wont cause i aint a judge and would rather talk to sk8terkid about it personally.

What i will say is

This map looks as though it could be extremely fun on multiplayer, with limited resources you would REALLY have to think twice about what u do and how u do it.

However currently it does seem abit unbalanced for some players compared to others and there are a few errors (mainly in cliffs)

But i think with some minor tweaking this could be a really fun map (certainly one i would like to play a few Multiplayer 4 player TSR games on)

Oh and sk8terkid, i could fix up every one of those triggers if a jiffy if u want (I wouldnt mind helping out in such a potentially fun map Smile)

as for Dynamic Lighting i wouldnt mind helping (or if u prefer ) suggesting some cool ideas and effects

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's my recomendation:
Put blue tiberium behind the blue line, because it's there, and then it can regenerate. It's a trick I use on my maps in progress a lot...

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Towards the end of the competition i was really rushed on computer time and i wish i could have worked more on fixing bugs and lighting details along with some triggers. But sadly i didnt, though i may (like i said in the news post) release a new version with fixed stuff later on

Origin
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice idea overall but it looks extremely rushed. Graphical errors are just inexcusable imho. Atleast obvious ones. And the passages were too narrow. Some you couldn't even pass (though i think you were supposed to be able to pass). You also didn't seem to realise the top 3 rows of the map are unreachable wich made another passage unpassable too. Too bad you didn't have more time because I think this map could've been a good one. Maybe update the map later? Actually it inspired me a bit so I'm thinking about making a similar one (but different all the same). Time shall tell..

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon