Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
my first SHP. The old Conyard.(edit, though)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

does my fixed Construction Yard suck??
yes. now go and crawl back into the hole you came out of.
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
No, I like it. Do another one.(post the requested one)
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject:  my first SHP. The old Conyard.(edit, though) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just got rid of the dirt and fixed the big hole in the back for non-damaged frame..

GAOLDCC1.JPG
 Description:
Top picture is undamaged, bottom is damaged.
 Filesize:  316.87 KB
 Viewed:  9495 Time(s)

GAOLDCC1.JPG

gtoldcc1.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gtoldcc1.shp
 Filesize:  5.7 KB
 Downloaded:  234 Time(s)

"Banned" RP here

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please don't tell me you went and patched up the TS version of the TD CY? Why don't you get TD out and extract it or, failing that, ask for the SHP off someone else and convert it?

I'll admit, it's not a bad touch-up though. Parts of it are a tad plain and monotonal. A bit of variety doesn't hurt.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just opened a folder and, suprise, all of the converted TD buildings.(I think, whats the Conyard called in the rules.ini?) only issue, about a month or so, I was trying to learn to SHP, and I couldn't open the files... I think it had something to do with the Palette...

when I try to open them (yes, I HAVE loaded the TD palette), OS SHP builder freezes.

I think I didn't do so well on the fan...

"Banned" RP here

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good, could do with a bit more precision

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

precision? care to explain?

"Banned" RP here

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You wanna convert the TD CY to SHP (TS)?

First open XCC mixer. Then convert a random TS building to PNG. Now convert the TD CY to PNG.
Open the TD CY you converted to PNG in ms paint. Copy it (hit Ctrl+A and then hit Ctrl+C) and close paint. Now open that random TS building you converted to PNG (in paint). Once opened in paint, delete the TS building (Select it by hitting Ctrl+A and then delete it by hitting the Delete key). Now resize that white white area (were the building was) to size at least smaller than the TD CY. Now pase the TD CY you copied (by hitting Ctrl+V), save and close paint.
Now go back to XCC Mixer, convert the PNG file were you just pased the TD CY back to SHP (TS) and you're done.
I used to convert all images like this before I knew this was possible in the SHP editor and since it doesn't work in your SHP editor, you can just do it like this. It isn't that hard.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually, I have them all converted, thanks to COMP_haterNODGOD

he just didn't convert them to the TS palette... and I don't know how to...

that was helpful... Rolling Eyes  (not your tutorial)

"Banned" RP here

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actualy hes called comphater_NODGOD and hes an asswhipe.

use shp builder 3.31 select replace color then select pallet conversion and select TS unititem pallet

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spilled my breath for nothing Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he he he he he Laughing  Laughing

"Banned" RP here

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rolling Eyes

gaoldcc1_279.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.06 KB
 Viewed:  9433 Time(s)

gaoldcc1_279.jpg

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

use shp builder 3.31 select replace color then select pallet conversion and select TS unititem pallet

3.31???????????????????? i dont ever remember thqat, was that a typing error, or do i have amnesia?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He meant 3.21

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doofy, I think that that's one of the best fixed spots... what's wrong with it?

"Banned" RP here

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nm, just me demandng perfection  Rolling Eyes

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't fix them, or any more. My mom upgraded her computer to XP... I have to reinstall TS and the programs.... and I lent somebody my CD code... so... no more for a while...

even now, I am learning how to use XP.

*good news, everybody cheers, I can still voxel* *(groans from crowd)*

"Banned" RP here

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

there is no SHP Builder 3.31.  Laughing  I think you meant 3.21, right?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't need to repeat what Banshee already said...

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he did cuz he's an Amereican, and the right of free speech in merely the freedom to say what others have said.-- I'm not sure who.

"Banned" RP here

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Don't really think it's great. It's kinda...ok i guess lol. The work is too basic. If you really want to re-make TD buildings, i suggest you look at some TD Screenies, tehy coul help you alot. And there's also a few small errors. But hey, anyways, you did quite a good job considering the building was damaged alot. It's absolutely good, not like my building though (everybody hates that poor factory!  Crying or Very sad LOL ! Laughing).

Clazzy wrote:
You don't need to repeat what Banshee already said...

Oops, sorry, i didn't see Banshee's post. *slaps his head* Silly me.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont think I would play a map with such pixelated buildings. I won't say that is a good base for further editing, cuz it was made ages ago by WW. Go, D/L teh photoshop tryout from adobe site, D/L crack for it. Learn to use this (or other good) program well, extracting all of its possibilities and opportunities into your works. Your enthusiasm is good but you need some graphic experience...

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

err... do you have to open the TD file first? if I do, I can't do that... when I try to open the file, it freezes the program...

"Banned" RP here

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

because u need to convert it to .shp(ts) in XCC

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it freezes the program when I try to open it.

care to convert it yourself?

"Banned" RP here

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!