Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
Renegade Con-Yard [RA2/TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:  Renegade Con-Yard [RA2/TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Con-yard on GDI colors. Just a basic shape. Also missing crane, and is my first non-edit shape. Any tips would be appreciated. I like it, and think it's pretty good for a first timer. Then again, I haven't been correct much of the tine. No shading as of yet.

gaconyard.PNG
 Description:
Well? What do YOU think?
 Filesize:  1.51 KB
 Viewed:  15412 Time(s)

gaconyard.PNG

gaconyrd.shp
 Description:
Here's the download.

Download
 Filename:  gaconyrd.shp
 Filesize:  8.63 KB
 Downloaded:  241 Time(s)

"Banned" RP here

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm.....i'm at a loss of words...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you did shape it correctly, but the colors aren't good.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The perspective really needs a lot of work... These lines should be parallel.

Bad perspective.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.83 KB
 Viewed:  15388 Time(s)

Bad perspective.png

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in agreement with DvD here.

silencedsonix
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why make everything from scratch? Why not try the old 'cut-n-paste' routine? Believe me when I say you can get very good results with that method (much better, at the least, than doing EVERYTHING by hand).

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
I'm in agreement with DvD here.

Now we are 3...

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
I'm.....i'm at a loss of words...

Exactly why? Becuase I made something from Renegade, uoy're suprised I made somthing ok for a beginner, it really sucks, or a combination of all three?

Good point Deathray. I'll fix it after school.

"Banned" RP here

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it is because it appears that your efforts took about a minute and a half in MS Paint to achieve...
As with *all* your other work, you should spend more time getting it right before showing it off.

Aside from the issues Deathray pointed out, you might want to check the other details too - the ridge of the roof on the main building is off-centre, and the part where it meets the building to the left is terribly bodged.
Also, unless your editor only supports four colours, you might want to try and add some shading?

As far as SHPs go, this is not a great effort, sorry. Apart from the reasons pointed out, it simply looks far too 2-dimensional to fit in with any existing structures. Even if you're making a TC which uses only your new buildings, it will still look at odds with the surrounding terrain and units.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I do building shps:
1. - Make a model shape from a scratch (not always thou)
2. - Copy-paste textures and detail on it.

I like this shape, it can become a good CY!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Major_Gilbear wrote:
Aside from the issues Deathray pointed out, you might want to check the other details too - the ridge of the roof on the main building is off-centre, and the part where it meets the building to the left is terribly bodged.
Also, unless your editor only supports four colours, you might want to try and add some shading?

Major, I used OS:SHP Builder 3.23. I purposely made it off center. Also, I forgot to mention that I did this from memory.

Jah, Thank you. A compliment from you is good, as you are one of the best SHPers here, if not in the community.

"Banned" RP here

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sucks! next

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler... this is deffinitely not one of your best bits of work.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

better? I was thinking of adding a barrel. I tried to make something that looks somewhat laike a barrel. I gave up.

gtconyard.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.62 KB
 Viewed:  15309 Time(s)

gtconyard.PNG

"Banned" RP here

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the colors need improvement

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype colors, they are not the main part here. Get all those lines parallel and make the shape as close to perfect as possible. The colors play no role at all because they will be overriden with coptpasted parts. Oh, and also - isnt the base a bit small? I'd make it ~15% bigger... But its only my opinion, not an order  Smile

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

detail?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Construction is the base of the bases, shape is the mother of the mothers. Tyler is right by making a constuctively based image. Detail on this stage of work will spoil the shp.

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he said basic shape, clearly.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP! ok, update.

gtconyard2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.2 KB
 Viewed:  15214 Time(s)

gtconyard2.PNG

"Banned" RP here

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a bit better now, but I think you need a lesson in [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=isometry">Isometry[/url]. [url=http://www.pixelfreak.com/tutorial/">This[/url] is a tutorial made by one of the best in isometric art.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

quite

can you say eye-so-met-rick?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, I'm only in 7th grade.  and Math isn't my best subject.

PS, Ackron, update you siggy; new rank.

"Banned" RP here

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i noticed im on it. and isometrics isnt maths or even geomentry its graphics

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused ... moron me...

"Banned" RP here

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, TS and RA2 structure shps aren't even in true isometric form. Usually, there's standards for the angles in an isometric view, and even Westwood's shps aren't at those angles. I remember that thread on SS from a long time ago going into more detail about this.

As for how it looks as a concept, I can't judge. Was there even a Conyard in Renegade? I didn't play through the whole game yet, but I can't even remember ever seeing one.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're about 31.5 degrees, instead of 30, something like that. However, it's best just to treat it as isometric since nobody will notice.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ragnarok2200 wrote:
As for how it looks as a concept, I can't judge. Was there even a Conyard in Renegade? I didn't play through the whole game yet, but I can't even remember ever seeing one.

Last mission for a Nod Con-yard, second for a GDI one.

"Banned" RP here

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The base was better and the crane is a bit odd...

and btw now you should update your siggy Very Happy

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, I'm on it...

I also have a version of the previous pic.

"Banned" RP here

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can fix that.... i think
gve me 1-2 days ^^

ayylmao on Discord

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is quite an old topic. Please don't revive it.

Thank You.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it's not. 15 days. And he revived that to say he would help. So, he had a purpose.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fine... Sad ... I just wanted to make myself feel big... Wink

Anyways, This just hasn't been around for as far back as I can remember (About a week) Usually with stuff like this, the person either gives up, or just moves on to other things by this time.

If you want to change it you should just go ahead, I'm sure Tyler wouldn't mind:)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The base is pure suckage. but the crane is fine,move it more to the left,it's in the way of the main bay...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!