Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Newbie...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
curlupanddie
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject:  Newbie... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey all, ive been playin TS for a while but i just have gotten interestest in modding. First question, are there and or will there be any Voxel or SHP editors for TS? Second question, how would i make a unit to look like the ones in TS or atleast close?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, there are a lot of them.

Will's/Plasmaroid's/Koen's Voxel Editor are the most used Voxel Editor currently. It enables people to deal colours, normals, offers option to resize it, offers 3D view, etc...

There is also the voxel editor from Greg Edwards, the Voxel Deluze Editor. It's still being developped, however, has a better interface (easier to deal with) than Will's, but is a bit more limited, sincerily.

And also ViPr created an utility that converts .3ds files into voxels. So, you can use 3D Studio (any version) to create it and use Vipr's program to convert it to voxel.

Flyby also created a 3D Studio Max4 -> Voxel convertor. It's a bit complicated to use, but also allows you voxels of great quality.

As for SHP tools, I know Will's SHP Editor which is easy to use, however, extremely limited. There is also another shp editor that converts bitmaps into .shp files. But the most used program for SHP creation is Paint Shop Pro. It's extremely better than the other 2, yet not initially made for this purpouse...

Get them in:

Stusworld: http://techneaux.mine.nu:81/~stusworld
C&C Resource Center: http://cncsource.editingsource.com

curlupanddie
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES! WHY THANK YOU KIND SIR.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if only will made the SHP editor open source like the VXLED 2

curlupanddie
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i just made my first unit. now what do i do about team colors on units?

also, can someone please send me one of their units so i can look back and forth and see how to properly texture it or how to make finishing touches to mine?

and how to get turret functions and from where it fires from or recoils and what not...?

curlupanddie
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....again another question, if i use sun forage editor to make a new unit, how do i give it my new model thing for it to use?

sorry for so many questions...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one of the colours i think its a yellow is the colour u pick n that will b replaced by the team colour............

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon