Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Napaspan Muja (2-5) by Yitzu
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject:  Napaspan Muja (2-5) by Yitzu Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official Tiberian Sun Submission - 9th Place

Map Name: Nasaspan Muja
Author: Yitzu
Site: Tiberian Fields (tibfields.com)
Best Rating On OMCs: 40.5% (OMC2)
Best Position On OMCs: 9th (OMC2)
Players: 5

Ratings:

Original Concept: 12.8%/20%
Ballance: 9.6/15%
Eye Candy: 14.8%/30%
Fun Factor: 13.6%/20%
Triggers: 10%/15%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 60.8%
Valid Score: 60%

Clazzy's Position: 8th - 63.0%
Wes.com's Position: 7th - 54.0%
The DVD's Position: 8th - 63.0%
Python's Position: 7th - 72.0%
Carnotaurus's Position: 9th - 52.0%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 9th

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> Clazzy:

- 14%
- 13%
- 12%
- 12%
- 12%
= 63%

Comments:
Lighting is massively bugged, which is a shame since the lighting in the starting areas is perfect.
Areas between bases can occasionally be hard to traverse, due to the amounts of trees.
Cliffs are well done.
Map is, for the most part, rather dull and uninteresting.

-> Wes.com:

Original concept: 10/20
Balance: 13/15
Eyecandy: 10/30
Fun factor: 16/20
Triggers: 5/15 = 54%

no real inbalance, good layout and cliffwork
a town here and there would make it alot better
the lighting looks verry bad in some spots

-> TheDvD:

- (20%) Original Concept:
Weighted score: 12%
Category score: 60%
I don't have anything to say here except that i like the minimap itself, the layout's kinda realistic. Oh, and it's an icemap! Icemaps are harder to detail. There you go, 10% extra Smile
- (15%) Balance:
Weighted score: 10%
Category score: 67%
All bases are fairly accessible and have a huge load of tiberium nearby. However, 2 bases have a lot more tiberium than the other 3. This would impact only very long battles.
- (30%) Eyecandy:
Weighted score: 20%
Category score: 67%
This is a bag. The detailing is great, (ice maps are harder to detail). However, the lighting. The Level= value in the map's lighting settings is way too high. This makes for enourmous lighting differences as the terrain gets higher. This just looks bad, and should have been tested. However the overall atmosphere created by the lighting is still very good, especially at the tiberium patches.
- (20%) Fun Factor:
Weighted score: 16%
Category score: 70%
Pretty standard. The AI works well, and the map runs fast.
- (15%) Triggers/Scripts:
Weighted score: 5%
Category score: 33%
There is a day/night loop trigger.
- (100%) Total weighted score:
12+10+20+16+5=63%

-> Python:

Original Concept: 18/20 - Map was very original!  Very nicely detailed and thought up!
Balance: 7/15 - All bases had plenty of space, but some had more than others.  Tiberium was very unbalanced, with a couple of bases only having a little bit of tiberium, while the others could hardly harvest all the tiberium there was so much!
EyeCandy: 22/30 - The lighting was a nice touch, with darkness in lower areas and valleys, however it was annoying to look at.  Map was nicely detailed, but a couple of lazy factors caught my eye, like the "square" river at the bottom of the map.  Detailed to perfection, for sure.
Fun Factor: 12/20 - Map was a typical laid out map.
Triggers: 13/15 - Sunrise/Sunset triggers appeared to be working as the map seemed to get lighter after a long peroid of time.
Overall Mark: 72%

-> Carnotaurus:

Original Concept: 10/20
Ballance: 05/15
Eye Candy: 10/30
Fun Factor: 12/20
Triggers: 15/15
---------
Score: 52/100

Original Concept: One of two snow maps, and its wide. Most snow maps arent exactly 'new' in breaking ground as far as effects(Everybody uses dynamic lighting these days. -_-)
Balance: 3 players are well seperated, but the two guys on the top are TOO close to each other, and  will kill each other way before the guy on the left finds his advisary.
Eyecandy: Alot of lamppost action here. a few dead C&C buildings scattered about towards one player, along with a sunken oil tanker. Tiberium placement is pathetic.(Invisible lamp posts on the tiberium itself.)
Fun Factor: Whee. Snow maps arent exactly...exciting to me, but, this is interesting. lots of cliffs and whatnot to weave behind and station ambushes. Dont expect much in the terms of harvy hunting, though. Rushing WILL be slow, except for the two on the top.
Triggers:Unique lighting, and a day-to-night loop.

Map ReadMe Contents:

<none>

Contestant Words When Submitting:

-  most the cliff's are different heights. some triggers, detailed and
all that crap..
worked on it for like 20 hours <

i had a story for it, but it got deleted in the process of my computer
being reformatted...

_Yi+zu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download it HERE.
This map can be mirrored by any participating site. Remember to credit the author of the map.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I can just make a comment at what Carno said:
Quote:
Triggers:Unique lighting, and a day-to-night loop.

Since when is lighting trigger-related?

Also:
Quote:
Most snow maps arent exactly 'new' in breaking ground as far as effects(Everybody uses dynamic lighting these days. -_-)

Can the same not be said about temperate maps as well?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
This is a bag
Should have been... "This is a mixed bag"....

Anyway, nice idea, but bad lighting and player positions should have been better thought out.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that quote got added to my sig, DvD Wink.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:

Can the same not be said about temperate maps as well?
Sure. No maps are groundbreaking, atleast not these days anymore. We know all of the tricks of the trade, so. No. #Tongue

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IS look crap.

I can't make beter map.

but i dont like this. soory

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I quite like the idea of the bumpy terrain. Its makes moving across it a bit weird, but I think its still good. Its harder to detail snow maps, and rather than having different tiles all over, he used a bumpy landscape instead, which I feel works.
I do feel however that it could use with a bit more variety in what was in the map, perhaps a small village or something. And yeah, the top two starting positions are a bit too close.
I really like the map myself (bar some of the lighting issues) I like the terrain, and the idea of trees in the valleys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon