Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
The Clarions Call (2-8) by Othalla
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject:  The Clarions Call (2-8) by Othalla Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official Tiberian Sun Submission - 7th Place

Map Name: The Clarions Call
Author: Othalla
Site: Den Games Network (cncden.com)
Best Rating On OMCs: <none>
Best Position On OMCs: <none>
Players: 8

Ratings:

Original Concept: 14.8%/20%
Ballance: 11.8/15%
Eye Candy: 23.0%/30%
Fun Factor: 18.2%/20%
Triggers: 00.0%/15% (no triggers)
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 67.80%
Valid Score: 67.00%

Clazzy's Position: 4th - 78.0%
Wes.com's Position: 6th - 60.0%
The DVD's Position: 5th - 71.0%
Python's Position: 9th - 67.0%
Carnotaurus's Position: 6th - 63.0%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 7th

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> Clazzy:

- 18%
- 15%
- 26%
- 19%
- 0%
= 78%

Comments:
Nice lighting and layout.
Edge of map visible. at bottom.
Too many Jellyfish, reducing the amount of sounds you hear when playing.
Neutral harvesters were a bit of a pain.
This is quite a good map and, if it had triggers, would have come first place for me.

-> Wes.com:

Original concept: 12/20
Balance: 13/15
Eyecandy: 17/30
Fun factor: 18/20
Triggers: 0/15 = 60%

good layout good detail.
some bases are a bit to close, but a very fun map to play

-> TheDvD:

Map 0013:

- (20%) Original Concept:
Weighted score: 14%
Category score: 70%
I like how the bases are set up. The capturable refinery's at the start are a nice start. If you can time it right, you can have a Refinery ánd a Harvester for a mere 500 credits, the cost of an engineer.
- (15%) Balance:
Weighted score: 12%
Category score: 80%
Every base a ton of tiberium, so that is not a problem. The bases are set up in a way that you'll have 2 amongs eachother. Still, having all the tiberium in your base kills off some strategies.
- (30%) Eyecandy:
Weighted score: 25%
Category score: 80%
The detailing is realistic. There could be a tad more at some places, and there are some errors (also the bottom of the map has an error). I like the dirt roads. The lighting is also good.
- (20%) Fun Factor:
Weighted score: 20%
Category score: 100%
Almost perfect. Why? Because this an 8 player map, and the bases are close together. You'll have constant battles, something I really enjoy. The map runs fast.
- (15%) Triggers/Scripts:
Weighted score: 0%
Category score: 0%
None. Too bad, because this could have made for a lot more points.
- (100%) Total weighted score:
14+12+22,5+20+0=71%

-> Python:

Original Concept: 17/20 - Very realistic and detailed.  Small towns all over the map contribute to the realism.
Balance: 12/15 - Tiberium and building space were very balanced.  However the starting locations were not spread out the best.
EyeCandy: 24/30 - Map is deeply detailed all over, however I noticed one cliffing error.
Fun Factor: 14/20 - Map was just another typical map, but it was a challange to try and capture all the refinerys from the enemys.
Triggers: N/A - No triggers present.
Overall Mark: 67%

-> Carnotaurus:

Original Concept: 13/20
Ballance: 07/15
Eye Candy: 23/30
Fun Factor: 20/20
Triggers: 00/15
---------
Score: 63/100

Original Concept: 8 players, medium sized map. Lots of dirt roads. Careful driving, though.
Balance: The left is fairly balanced, Just watch your back. Artillery can be a pain in the ass if you position them properly. the right, however,is awful. two players(top two) are right next to each other. You can be a sneeker and kill them both, if they are crippled, though. Capture the refinery in your base when the harvester IS DOCKED!!!
Eyecandy: Eyecandy is decent. a few bridges, and a GDI upgrade center in the middle, by the Kodiak. Capture for droppods. a few random fona patches exist for your veiwing pleasure,along with some civilian stuff.
Fun Factor: Pretty fun. a decent East Vs West map it would make.
Triggers: No triggers present.

Map ReadMe Contents:

Forum: Den Games Network Forums
Username/Alias: Othalla
E-mail:Othalla@hotmail.com

AKA:Othalla6 (Reprisal Map Pack only [CNCGames.com])

Map Name: The Clarions Call (2-Cool
Size: 120x120

Contestant Words When Submitting:

<same as readme>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download it HERE.
This map can be mirrored by any participating site. Remember to credit the author of the map.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow.. this is 7th!?
I really like it, I thinks its been detailed realistically, has a few nice features, like the close locations for bases and the starting refineries.
Othalla, maybe you could work on a version which fixes the bottom and has several triggers included? To try and finish off the map.
I love this map, I think its realistic and works quite well.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree Muldrake, it's just the triggers that really brought the score down, other than that the map is great and i'll definitely be playing it a lot. Did you make any other maps, othello? If so, i'm looking forward to them!

Othalla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is I have no idea why that terrain error at the bottom is there. I recently finished a new RA2:YR map which has the same problem. It could be because the map is too high. What do you guys think?

I will however be releasing a modified version as you said Muldrake. My intentions are to include: Terrain; Increased trees in some areas, a few more bumps and holes in the ground, to fill out some of the more bare areas, fix any terrain errors. Triggers; Make the civilian arrays capturable to give the player(s) either reinforcements, a new unit or reveal all map, some lighting triggers and possibly some civilian enemies which will interact with the player.

I mostly make maps for RA2/YR now but TS was my first and favourite type of map to make. I should be working on some more for it in the next couple of months so expect something soon DvD  Razz .

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I look forward to the fix version, and hopefully so more maps from you!
And again, well done on a smashing map.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Othalla's made a fair few YR maps, two of which are in Novus Ordo already #Tongue. Oddly enough, only one of the maps he's put on CNC Depot are shown on the maps page.
http://www.cncdepot.net/downloads/othalla/
I used Encircled and Terra Firma, both rather good maps.

By the way, to fix the error at the bottom, move the map's border up a square or two.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also had a horizontal error line running through the middle of the map, perhaps this will be fixed by clazzy's suggestion too.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never had that. Old age must be kicking in for you, DvD Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon