Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FS Tiberium Lake (2-8) by Aurora196
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject:  FS Tiberium Lake (2-8) by Aurora196 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official Tiberian Sun Submission - 6th Place

Map Name: FS Tiberium Lake
Author: Aurora196
Site: Project Perfect Mod (ppmsite.com), TiberiumSun.com
Best Rating On OMCs: 67.50% (OMC1)
Best Position On OMCs: [b]3rd[/b] (OMC1)
Players: 8

Ratings:

Original Concept: 12.8%/20%
Ballance: 9.6/15%
Eye Candy: 20.8%/30%
Fun Factor: 12.2%/20%
Triggers: 10.2%/15%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 65.60%
Valid Score: 68.00%

Clazzy's Position: 6th - 69.0%
Wes.com's Position: 10th - 47.0%
The DVD's Position: 4th - 75.0%
Python's Position: 5th - 77.0%
Carnotaurus's Position: 8th - 60.0%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 6th

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> Clazzy:

- 14%
- 12%
- 23%
- 10%
- 10%
= 69%

Comments:
Map has far too many cliffs, I was very easily getting lost and scouting was difficult.
Good lighting.
AI aren't very good at attacking, since most of their units get killed by that veinhole in the middle.
Edge of map is visible in parts at the bottom of the map.

-> Wes.com:

Original concept: 12/20
Balance: 7/15
Eyecandy: 10/30
Fun factor: 13/20
Triggers: 5/15 = 47%

tiberium to far for most players, balance ok.
cliffwork is very good, random placement of buildings dont look that good
this map needs more eyecandy, its a big map but not much to see
get boring after a while

-> TheDvD:

Map 0013:

- (20%) Original Concept:
Weighted score: 10%
Category score: 50%
This map doesn't score too high in originality. One could name the not-seen-before dark red gloomy atmoshere as original though.
- (15%) Balance:
Weighted score: 15%
Category score: 100%
There really isn't much to complain about here. Bases are relatively close to eachother, yet they all have a ton of room to build. Tiberium can be retrieved at various locations.
- (30%) Eyecandy:
Weighted score: 25%
Category score: 83,3%
There is a very cool moody atmosphere. Lighting is great. The map ofcourse represents a deserdous environment, which one should keep in mind when rating the detailing. Those areas that are not deserdous are lushly decorated and well detailed.
- (20%) Fun Factor:
Weighted score: 16%
Category score: 80%
Another strong point of this map. It allows for big 8 player battles, yet running surprisely fast, making those 8 player battles actually playable! There are not many maps this can be said of, hence, this map scores high on playability.
- (15%) Triggers/Scripts:
Weighted score: 9%
Category score: 60%
Sometimes, area's are revealed. (mostly tiberium pits). This is interesting. There is also a truck moving around. This one is particularly well done, because it's realistic. The truck is set the driver around roadblocks and other obstructions.
- (100%) Total weighted score:
10+15+25+16+9=75%

-> Python:

Original Concept: 18/20 - Map was very detailed and lifelike!
Balance: 9/15 - The bases all had lots of space for building, however they wern't spread out the best.  Also tiberium wasn't spread the best (one base had plenty while at another, I struggled for money, and got my harvesters destroyed in search for more).
EyeCandy: 26/30 - The map was full of detail.
Fun Factor: 12/20 - The map was just another typical map.
Triggers: 12/15 - The "reveal map" triggers at the start were pretty much worthless, and it never revealed anymore.  Truck trigger worked perfectly.
Overall Mark: 77%

-> Carnotaurus:

Original Concept: 10/20
Ballance: 05/15
Eye Candy: 20/30
Fun Factor: 10/20
Triggers: 15/15
---------
Score: 60/100

Original Concept: A rolling desert, covered with mutation. Lets go camping! Very interesting idea with the 6 players toward the middle.
Balance: Alright. Weed stops tankrushes between the 6 in the middle, but that is about it. guy in bottom right has plenty of time to fortify, though. Spare MCVs are a total waste here, most of the area is rugged and has little space to build in.
Eyecandy: Interesting lighting towards the tiberium pit, i must say, its a change from the invisible green lamps. Few civvies and trees scattered around. some VISIBLE GREEN LIGHTPOSTS on  TIBERIUM! omfg! so stupid looking!
Fun Factor: Pretty fun. Some of the spots, again, you have to build up ASAP!
Triggers: Some spots get revealed overtime, and a civilian truck drives around. Limpet-ing it would be useful. =P

Map ReadMe Contents:

<none>

Contestant Words When Submitting:

- Here's the map Smile

Aurora196
www.tiberiumsun.com, www.ppmsite.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download it HERE.
This map can be mirrored by any participating site. Remember to credit the author of the map.

Othalla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the attention to ground detail on this map is great however slightly repetitive and not as random looking as it could have done. However it is obvious a lot of time and effort has gone into it. Would have like to have seen some more of the “Rough Ground” placements. The weed pit in the middle could have been more central and as many people have said the placement of the players is a little out of touch giving others advantages and others hindrances. I know it’s a desert type scenario, but trees bring any map greatly to life adding detail, depth and character, even the use of rocks is very sparse in this one.

The cliff work on this map however is some of the best I’ve ever seen in my time within the C&C community. There’s barely a straight edge in sight and the layout is very natural; and from what I can see, errorless. Placement of civilian buildings was a bit off, especially in the lower right section.

As Muldrake has said all of us should work on updated versions of our maps and I know I’m certainly going to. This map’s quality is brilliant, it just needs some more random groundwork, some trees and rocks and to fix the placement of civilian buildings. A map VERY well done, you certainly deserve to be recognized for your skills and I look forward to seeing more new material from you.

Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a thing I can't disagree on. This is something I also did at the first OMC. When I submitted the map I thought it looked really nice, but after a few weeks I started to know that the terrain is kinda boring, flat and very repetative. I also indeed noticed that there were not enough trees. The player position were to big and boring. On the player position I didn't find really big advantages or disadvantages, except that 2 players hardly could reach the veins. But I placed those 2 players in a different way, because I didn't want my map to look symmetrical at all (still, I think that was a mistake to put them so far from the veins). The AI isn't the best at the map, but I found that out too late to do something about it.

And about the updates of our maps, I was already planning to do that Smile  (not only with this map, but also with my map ''A River's Journey'', because I don't think it deserves to be spotlighted as I think the detailing looks quite crappy.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon