Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Finland (2-8) by Absturz
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject:  Finland (2-8) by Absturz Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official Tiberian Sun Submission - 4th Place

Map Name: Finland
Author: Absturz
Site: TiberiumSun.com
Best Rating On OMCs: <honourable mention: Alpenfestung> (OMC2)
Best Position On OMCs: <honourable mention: Alpenfestung> (OMC2)
Players: 8

Ratings:

Original Concept: 15.0%/20%
Ballance: 10.9/15%
Eye Candy: 18.7%/30%
Fun Factor: 13.6%/20%
Triggers: 14.6%/15%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 72.80%
Valid Score: 70.66%

Clazzy's Position: 7th - 67.0%
Wes.com's Position: 4th - 62.0%
The DVD's Position: 3rd - 83.0%
Python's Position: 1st - 91.0% (BEST)
Carnotaurus's Position: 7th - 61.0%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 4th

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> Clazzy:

- 13%
- 11%
- 18%
- 10%
- 15%
= 67%

Comments:
Excellent trigger work, all maps should have constant activity like this.
Some areas are very well detailed, while others are boring an plain. It's as though the map's creator didn't know how to use all the space in the map.
A few shore errors.
Good tunnel work.
Edge of map visible at bottom.
Lighting changes look a bit random in places.
Some bases are far closer to tiberium than others.

-> Wes.com:

Original concept: 11/20
Balance: 11/15
Eyecandy: 13/30
Fun factor: 14/20
Triggers: 13/15 = 62%

great looking snowmap, the small towns r very well done
ionstorm’s lightning looks verry bad
tiberium to far for alot of players
Big plus for the triggers very well done

-> TheDvD:

- (20%) Original Concept:
Weighted score: 20%
Category score: 100%
For the sheer BIGNESS of this map, the author gets points. There is growing ice, which we don't see often. There is an awesome day->nighttime trigger set (see triggers). There are working tunnels. I think it's safe to say that this is the biggest TS map yet. And with the most work put into (well, ofcourse there are always Dad_a_tude's maps >< )
- (15%) Balance:
Weighted score: 7,5%
Category score: 50%
Although the idea of the map is obviously to have a very natural environment, and it works out well in most cases, the tiberium could have been positioned a bit better. However, you have to destroy the middle base in order to stop the meteor showers that will destroy a big part of your base at nighttime (dont worry there's plenty of time)
- (30%) Eyecandy:
Weighted score: 25,5%
Category score: 85%
At daylight, there is no enhanced lighting. But the detailing is great. The civilian and forest areas are done very well. There is ice! Which is a pain in the proverbial ass to do. THEN, the sunset begins... in different stages.. it get's darker and darker, and the map gets a reddish gloomy atmosphere that looks perfect! The villages look awesome at nighttime.. But there are shore errors. I realize this is a big map, but these should have been fixed.
- (20%) Fun Factor:
Weighted score: 15%
Category score: 75%
Exactly what you would expect of a big map like this. It's comparable to Threath Lightly or Ice Cliffs. (In other words.. it runs slow)
- (15%) Triggers/Scripts:
Weighted score: 15%
Category score: 100%
There's an absolute shitload of triggers. The moving trucks and cars work without a hitch. There are _working tunnels_ (praise, praise!) The daytime->nighttime is the most complicated and impressive one ever.
- (100%) Total weighted score:
20+7,5+25,5+15+15=83%

-> Python:

Original Concept: 18/20 - The map is huge and has plenty of detail.  Surely a realistic one of a kinder.
Balance: 13/15 - All bases have lots of tiberium, equally spread out.  The bases all have a good amount of room for building and are all around the same size.
EyeCandy: 26/30 - All the civilian citys and bases add a great amount of detail to the map.  The lighting is amazing.  The map looks great with trees everywhere.  
Fun Factor: 19/20 - The map is basically like a mission within a skrimish!  You have to destroy the weather building before the meteor storm hits, or your base is toast!  Good fun for sure.
Triggers: 15/15 - The triggers are amazing.  I love how you managed to get the whole meteor storm thing into this map.  The cars driving around the whole map was an awsome addition.  The drop pods were lovely, well, I could go on forever with how good the triggers all are.  They all worked and were great.
Overall Mark: 91%

-> Carnotaurus:

Original Concept: 13/20
Ballance: 12/15
Eye Candy: 11/30
Fun Factor: 10/20
Triggers: 15/15
---------
Score: 61/100

Original Concept: second of two snow maps, 8 players. interesting.
Balance:Balance is pretty good, though players in the bottom left corner will probably kill each other early. top right player has a good spot to build up in. Building bases outside your own though may be difficult,but, it can be done.
Eyecandy:Samll towns are placed around the map,along with working tunnels, and a TRAIN!. Otherwise, its just pretty boring, Alot of forests, though.
Fun Factor:Good map for killing civilians,But it really depends on where you start. Near the centre is a Research center. Let your opponents toy around with it first if you are weary. Or send a footsoldier to go for you.
Triggers:LOTS of triggers. Map may load slow, but wont crash, also, anticipate lag, this bitch is big. beware of the Meteor storms and the Ion Storms.  Follow the train with a fast unit if you want easy recon. GDI troops may drop in for a cup of tea with a side of asskick

Map ReadMe Contents:

<View HTML Contents Attached>

Contestant Words When Submitting:

- Hi judges,

Please find my Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun map in the attachment. The attachment is a ZIP archive which contains:

* the *.MPR file: finland.mpr
   * the *.PKT file: missions02.pkt
   * a HTML readme (index.html inclusive folder with images)

I am known as the following user:

* web site: TiberiumSun.com  (http://www.tiberiumsun.com)
   * forum user: my alias name is "absturz"
   * my known email address at tumsun is: martin@steffke.de

Thank you for judging the map in advance.
Martin

Final Comments From The Organizer (Banshee):

1) The .PKT file included in the package was removed. There was a stupid spelling error that made it invalid for the game.

2) If we had a rating category known as "Presentation", this guy would receive the maximum score. Thumbs up for him!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download it HERE.
This map can be mirrored by any participating site. Remember to credit the author of the map.

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel bad now, for giving such low ratings. It makes me look evil. Like Stalin or something. Oh well. I am just a critical bastard.  Anyway, Congradulations on 4th place! Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my homeland! FINLAND!!! home sweet home...  Laughing

btw very nice map dude  Razz

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

map lags :/ and pauses for a few seconds when the lighting changed and the lightening didnt do any damage to my base

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea how 3 of the judges could give ratins  lower than 60% :S

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wes.com gave overall low ratings, so don't count him.
However Clazzy and Carno are peculiar, even though I can understand some of clazzy's reasoning.
However, I don't know who the ztype had even the idea to have Carnotaurus/Pimp Mothra/n00b even part of the organisation of the OMC: It's a disgrace.
Just because the map loads slowly, he gets like 61% and a 7th place, while the 3 best mappers I know: Python, Wes.com, DvD Give him a 4th place and higher.
And all good ratings (As I said, wes.com gave overall low ratings). Something is not Right, I believe a recount without Carnotaurus's score is in order: He gave NOT A SINGLE REASON OR MOTIVATION on why to DEDUCT POINTS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Truth to be said: This map would have been spotlighted without Carno's review.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say only one thing...

Ive played it.. and im... speechless..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Truth to be said: This map would have been spotlighted without Carno's review.

Then Apply logic to the situation:
Seeing as Carno is Incompetent as to his job as a judge, which he has shown a million times, based on convo's on MSN, and other people talking about him, and the way he judges his maps.
Solution: Give all maps a re-score, without the incompetent factor. And do not allow him to be a judge again.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah giving Yuri's map first place goes a bit too far (sorry yuri #Tongue)

Ontopic, I'm still amazed by this map... so much work..

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no problem Dvd  Smile  The world would be quite...odd if I would have won  #Fart

yoursoluckyimcute
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice map man it looks kool

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon